Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap 22/11/08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose a date that best suits you all Saturdays

• 1st November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th November

• 15th November

• 22nd November

• 29th November

• Dont have a preference

• Total voters
yes good question haysie ,

Rook , do you have enough space to park boats as im thinking of eildon on the friday seeing as it appears the nillahcootie thing has collapsed

Haysie and Barra, I live on 5 Acres so there is ample space to bring boats, caravans and trailers

Rook

Keeping things on track :eek:
Can someone update the wiki?? i tried twice, a total con nuter nerd.
Attending!!!!!!!! Woo HOO
Haysie it has been updated to show your attendance

Okay, one last push to get more people involved.

Don't be shy get amongst it and have a good time.

Cut off date for this is this Friday 17th October, the reason being that people can work out there batch size and start to bottle their brews

Rook

gotta brew beofre i can bottle! this weekend if it kills me i tell thee....

my brew for this swap is on the boil right now , summer wheat beer, hope it turns out ok and i hope its liked by the swappers ...will add recipe to the thread in a moment... might even have time to knock up some labels this time round ,

BTW has it been decided that this is a plastic bottle swap or are we free to bottle in glass ??

Okay, one last push to get more people involved.

Don't be shy get amongst it and have a good time.

Cut off date for this is this Friday 17th October, the reason being that people can work out there batch size and start to bottle their brews

Rook

I haven't done one of these before but have already bottled 26 plastic bottles of American Pilsener. There ain't no more. How many punters got over the line in the last swap?

I brew a 22L brew for caseswaps. thats 29 longnecks. if there's less participants I just have a few extra for myself. If we were constantly having lots of participants then I'd breww slightly more to be safe. im never going to complain about having to drink some extra beer.

I cant remember how many there were in the last one. i think 22 brewers?

Nearly fell over last night when the missus said "what time will you be heading to the case swap"! Have put myself down as tentative at this time.

If any of you blokes want a Coms rack to take home, i have a couple of spares in my shed.
Some people use them for there AG setup
I might also have a heap of 12 volt batteries looking for a good home

Rook

c'mon beerdingo i see ya lurking, post away and introduce yaself old mate ;)

Mashed in a Pommie Bitter at 4:00am yesterday morning, hopefully it will be a good one

Rook

So have we locked in the numbers at 24? Just want to know how many samplers I have (purely quality control :rolleyes: )

So have we locked in the numbers at 24? Just want to know how many samplers I have (purely quality control :rolleyes: )

Maple,

Cut-off was Friday and everyone has had time to say yeigh or neigh.

So 24 it is.

Rook

And just for further clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, we are submitting 24, of which you will in turn, receive 24, one being that which you have submitted, correct?

brews been brewed and yeast pitched this morning.!

Had a taste of the Great Aussie BlandAle(tm) last night. It's turned out better than I intended it to.
Given a few more weeks in the bottle, I might be a bit sad to be giving this one away.

And just for further clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, we are submitting 24, of which you will in turn, receive 24, one being that which you have submitted, correct?

Therefore, you really only need to submit 23...no use giving a bottle of yours a round trip to the swap point and back to your place.

Andrew

Hey All,
beerDingo here. Been brewing for about 4-6 months. Been doing partials. Fents stopped me from just putting the cans into the fermenter, and came over with a kilo of grain, and some hops. Was happy how it turned out, and kept on from there. Just done a couple of full grain brews.
So, I did a Coopers Green Partial, but must have mixed some bags up from a full grain, and there was around 3kg of grain, rather than the 1.5 i've been using. So, the partial is around 6+%... I also did a full grain pale ale, so I'll bottle them both tomorow, and try them just before the swap, and give you the more drinkable one. I'm just starting out, so it wont be up to the standards of the veterans, but will be good to see where I'm at on the scale. Anyway, look forward to meeting you all and drinking your beer!
regards
bD

Therefore, you really only need to submit 23...no use giving a bottle of yours a round trip to the swap point and back to your place.

Andrew

It's easier to have all 24 bottles there as that way you dont have to look through 23 groups of bottles to see which one is yours.

Rook

Andrew

i think 24 including 1 of your own makes the sorting job a lot easier
hey fentsy what did you end up brewing i dont want to make the same beer as you like last time

Back