Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap 22/11/08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose a date that best suits you all Saturdays

• 1st November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th November

• 15th November

• 22nd November

• 29th November

• Dont have a preference

• Total voters
just contribute the pale ale leigh. doesnt matter if you dont attend. someone can always take your case up for you.

I dunno if I speak for many other AHB'ers, but as a relative newcomer to homebrew, I don't know that my beers are going to be up to scratch amongst such august company.

I love the hobby, and love my beer, but I'm only a kits'n'bits man, so not sure how I would be welcomed if I turned up with my brewcraft-based beers. I'm sure you're all great guys, and I would be warmly welcomed as a fellow beer lover, but I don't think I can offer the same quality beer in the swap exchange as some of these all-grainers.

Are there any informal get together's planned for Melbourne, so guys like me could hang around some of you guru's for some hints n tips?

Where are all the other Vic brewers, this is a chance to get up to the country and get some fresh air into them lungs and have a great day/night /morning.

Where are all the new brewers that have just joined the forum, or the new A.G brewers, this is a great chance to try multiple top shelf beers.

Don't be shy come along and have fun.

Great stuff Haysie, we look forward to meeting you and also to Wardy for pulling his digit out and doing a brew

Rook

I dunno if I speak for many other AHB'ers, but as a relative newcomer to homebrew, I don't know that my beers are going to be up to scratch amongst such august company.

I love the hobby, and love my beer, but I'm only a kits'n'bits man, so not sure how I would be welcomed if I turned up with my brewcraft-based beers. I'm sure you're all great guys, and I would be warmly welcomed as a fellow beer lover, but I don't think I can offer the same quality beer in the swap exchange as some of these all-grainers.

Are there any informal get together's planned for Melbourne, so guys like me could hang around some of you guru's for some hints n tips?

WarmBeer, mate, this is very informal and we would love you to come along....these swaps are not just AG and if i recall correctly we have had some really good K & K and part mashes in the swaps. hell even some of the beers have been infected but no one gives a flying **** as that's what its all about.

Come along and have some fun and help hang shit on Fents :D

The more the merrier and it's great to meet new brewers

Rook

mate just participate. We're not elitists here. my 1st/2nd entries were kits and bits. if if good beer who cares how its made.

Tip 1 - get rid of the brewcraft kit mixes. ok to use the brewcraft tins of goo as a base but mix your own recipe of fermentables. Just use one of the many recipes on the site or tweak it yourself.

Tip 2 - particptaing in the swap will open your eyes and mind to new beers and give you more hints and feedback on your beer than you can get elsewhere. your brewing will be better for it. I kjow mine is.

For mine, the idea behind these swaps is to improve your brewing. Sure, there's gonna be some beers better than others, but that's not the point. Give your beer to other people who do what you do, and then those people can judge where you're at and what tips for improvement are appropriate.
It's not a competition, and anyone who enters it thinking it is is not doing themselves any favours.

Also, you can get a sample of what's possible with home brewing and get an idea of just how far you want to pursue this hobby/obsession.

So, don't be embarrassed and join in. It'd be a fair guess to say that everyone here started with kits, I know I did. You can't improve if you don't know what's possible.

exactly. come hang shit on me....just be sure to not fall asleep too early ;)

Hey Warmbrew, I can highly recommend going putting a brew in this case swap. I got some great feedback on my K&K beer I put in last time. Also managed to meet a few of the guys at a "small" swap we did.

I brew the odd brewcraft kit to get "direction", but have moved onto a more mix and match approach and getting recipes off of the internet :D

OK, arm twisted, my Pale Ale is in;)

NUMBER - BREWER - BEER TYPE
1 Reg - No idea yet
2 mark_m - summer ale??
3 moonee - Robust Porter
4 Rook - No Idea Yet
5 Barramundi - dunno yet
6 Cummins
7 Chris Taylor - Mild
8 Maple - Irish Red (strong possibility) - Attending
9 Hair of the dog - cumquat wheat
10 Superhero - Belgian Wit
11 Fents - NFI
12 mortz - Australian Pale Ale
13 Citymorgue2 - mongrel black bavarian/Schwarzbier
14 mcook - TBD
15 Quintrex - Saison, or Some kind of wheat beer
16 Brewmeister70 - Pre-prohibition American pilsner
17 Kleiny - ESB, real ale
18 Dom - ?
19 Haysie- Some sort of belgian
20 Wardhog - Great Aussie BlandAle
21 Leigh - Pale Ale

Okay guys, you all seem a pretty cool, accepting lot :)

I will try to garner a leave pass from SWMBO, as well as THMBBS (They Who Must Be Baby Sat).

I'm almost out of the brew I'm most proud of, a Newcastle Brown that turned out more black than brown. Have had some good comments from friends, and will try to reproduce it.

So, I'm gonna go cast my vote for 22nd November on the first page.

Cheers guys, hope to meet you soon.

Brett

I was just looking at that Rook, seems to be a mismatch already...Doppelbrewer is on there but not this list...

I was just looking at that Rook, seems to be a mismatch already...Doppelbrewer is on there but not this list...

The main list is the link i posted, this will give me the heads up on who is attending so that we can cater for the numbers

Rook

Okay guys, you all seem a pretty cool, accepting lot :)

I will try to garner a leave pass from SWMBO, as well as THMBBS (They Who Must Be Baby Sat).

I'm almost out of the brew I'm most proud of, a Newcastle Brown that turned out more black than brown. Have had some good comments from friends, and will try to reproduce it.

So, I'm gonna go cast my vote for 22nd November on the first page.

Cheers guys, hope to meet you soon.

Brett

22nd has already been locked in WarmBeer as the day.

Rook

Just updated the Wiki, and made the two lists the same (I assumed Doppelbrewer is in).

NUMBER - BREWER - BEER TYPE
1 Reg - No idea yet
2 mark_m - summer ale??
3 moonee - Robust Porter
4 Rook - No Idea Yet
5 Barramundi - dunno yet
6 Cummins
7 Chris Taylor - Mild
8 Maple - Irish Red (strong possibility) - Attending
9 Hair of the dog - cumquat wheat
10 Superhero - Belgian Wit
11 Fents - NFI
12 mortz - Australian Pale Ale
13 Citymorgue2 - mongrel black bavarian/Schwarzbier
14 mcook - TBD
15 Quintrex - Saison, or Some kind of wheat beer
16 Brewmeister70 - Pre-prohibition American pilsner
17 Kleiny - ESB, real ale
18 Doppelbrewer
19 Dom - ? -
20 Haysie- Some sort of belgian
21 Wardhog - Great Aussie BlandAle
22 Leigh - Pale Ale

Peels, Wardhog, Spills, Thirsty make some bloddy numbers up would ya, no excuses, you dont have to attend swap day just brew us a beer! ;)
Peels, Thirsty and Spills??????????
we need a few more brewers to participate.

Sorry, gents. No can do this time due to lack of time. We're packing up everything we own and moving to the country around the end of this month. MrsMostOfIt is quitting her job and I am ... ummmmm ... doing what I do at the new place.

At the moment I'm spending all my time packing and finalising stuff (final brew in this house is tomorrow - just keeping up the quaffing supplies) and will have to build an entirely new brewery at the new place with this new-fangled gas thingy...

i think i just shed a tear spillsy! gutted your not making it.

I know its against the definition of 'swap day' but would it make more sense to do the physical 'swap' in melbourne and then just get loose and make a mess at rooks place? Otherwise its 20 people carting beers there and straight back again. Think of the black balloons we could save!

wouldnt that mean there would then be 2 swaps or a swap and a swap party , and as were goin anyway whats the difference if we cart a couple of boxes of beer ...

Latest posts

Back