Vic 2017 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brock. Welcome aboard, and you'll definitely be welcome to attend the swap (though I'm missing this one [emoji17]).
Maybe PM the Major of Mildura (ie: the dude on this forum, not the actual mayor [emoji1]) and let him know you're brewing in Mildura. He and Pat are great guys and generally brew with their pants on.

Hey TB, what's wrong with brewing in the buff? I've done some of my best work in the nuddie & also had a LOT of fun (skiing, skydiving etc.).

Not actually brewed naked yet, but I still have an outstanding bet with Manticle for a 6-pack of Westy XII that I won't dare do it during a Kinglake winter.. :wacko:

Sorry too far for me

Date 7th July - 9th JulyLocation MilduraAttendees (Swappers)

1. Mayor of Mildura
2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Husky
9. BobbyD
10. mmmyummybeer
12. VP Brewing
14. thearn
15. Curly79
17. MartinOC
20. Whiteferret
22. TheWiggman
23. GrumpyPaul
24: Tahoose
Attendees (Swappers - Reserves)

1. QLD Crew - Discuss
3.Attendees (Non-Swappers)
Cubists

1. Mayor of Mildura
2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. BobbyD
9. mmmyummybeer
11. VP Brewing
13. thearn
14. Curly79
16. MartinOC
19. Whiteferret
21. TheWiggman
22. GrumpyPaul
Bus Boozers

1. Curly79
3. DJ_L3ThAL
4. Husky
6. Yob (depending on schedule)

Sorry, too far for me too. I'm making the (painful) decision to pull the pin on this one. Looks like my "Tyranny of distance" prediction was pretty spot-on.

Date 7th July - 9th JulyLocation MilduraAttendees (Swappers)

1. Mayor of Mildura
2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Husky
9. BobbyD
10. mmmyummybeer
12. VP Brewing
14. thearn
15. Curly79
20. Whiteferret
22. TheWiggman
23. GrumpyPaul

1. QLD Crew - Discuss
Cubists

1. Mayor of Mildura
2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. BobbyD
9. mmmyummybeer
11. VP Brewing
13. thearn
14. Curly79
19. Whiteferret
21. TheWiggman
22. GrumpyPaul
Bus Boozers

1. Curly79
3. DJ_L3ThAL
4. Husky

Hate to say it but I'm gunna bail out too gents. Sorry. Cheers

Looks like ima gonna follow the pulling out trend, very sorry!

OK, gents! Let's pull victory from the jaws of defeat.

Alternative venues? I'll happily host another winter swap. We'll have to pull our collective fingers out. Anyone who attended the last one at my place knows how cold & unpredictable the weather can be up here...

We SHOULD have a winter swap, but where?

Also, a recipe.

And equipment.....Idzy/Husky?

Happy to bring a 900L tank along, just sorting out fittings and a suitable burner but will be done by July.

Is 900L enough? :ph34r:

Kinglake will be fine this time around. There is absolutely NO WAY it could possibly be as cold as last time! :D
However, maybe we need to wait for a few more voices before declaring it moved. (Especially the Mildy boys).

FWIW, if it's a little closer i'll be likely to attend, though that's not to influence the decision of venue.

If i'm attending: Recipe? Happy to go with a stout or porter.
Actually, i'm looking at doing a Marzen, so a mainly-Munich lager would be right up my alley ;)
Maybe clarify the venue before my 2c counts, though.

PS: has anyone seen/heard Cocko since the last swap? Did we burn him out??

MartinOC said:
Hey TB, what's wrong with brewing in the buff? I've done some of my best work in the nuddie & also had a LOT of fun (skiing, skydiving etc.).

Not actually brewed naked yet, but I still have an outstanding bet with Manticle for a 6-pack of Westy XII that I won't dare do it during a Kinglake winter.. :wacko:
Nothing wrong with it.
Just maybe a little less confronting for a new-ish brewer who is less familiar with certain local brewing traditions to meet some fellow brewers during a Sans Pants moratorium.

MartinOC said:
OK, gents! Let's pull victory from the jaws of defeat.

Alternative venues? I'll happily host another winter swap. We'll have to pull our collective fingers out. Anyone who attended the last one at my place knows how cold & unpredictable the weather can be up here...

We SHOULD have a winter swap, but where?

Also, a recipe.

And equipment.....Idzy/Husky?
Good idea. Thanks for volunteering Martin. I'll take my name off the list for the time being. I am a chance of making it though.

Date 7th July - 9th July Location Martins place. Antarctica. Attendees (Swappers)

2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Husky
10. mmmyummybeer
12. VP Brewing
14. thearn
15. Curly79
17. MartinOC
20. Whiteferret
22. TheWiggman
23. GrumpyPaul

1. QLD Crew - Discuss
Cubists

2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
9. mmmyummybeer
11. VP Brewing
13. thearn
14. Curly79
16. MartinOC
19. Whiteferret
21. TheWiggman
22. GrumpyPaul
Bus Boozers

1. Curly79
3. DJ_L3ThAL
4. Husky

Location being closer is a big help. Feel sad the Mildura location didn't get the go ahead with all. Maybe we need to group buy a charter plane to smash distance barriers?! Thanks to the Mildura boys for offering to host too!!

Kinglake would work well for me and confident I'd be able to get the pass and attend [emoji3]. Now, what to brew for the swap?!

As for communal brew, was there interest in bringing back the Pliny clone? There are some hops kicking about ATM..... [emoji6]

I'd rather host another swap in summer & there's no available sleeping space in the shed any more, so everyone would be kipping outside.

I just thought that maybe we could do it at the new CB HQ in Bayswater? I'll have to ask the boss if there's any issues (like insurance/public liability etc.).

Date 7th July - 9th July Location Martins place. Antarctica. Attendees (Swappers)

2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Husky
10. mmmyummybeer
12. VP Brewing
14. thearn
15. Curly79
17. MartinOC
20. Whiteferret
22. TheWiggman
23. GrumpyPaul

1. QLD Crew - Discuss

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. Technobabble

Cubists
2. Awesome Fury
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble
5. Grainer
7. DJ_L3THAL
9. mmmyummybeer
11. VP Brewing
13. thearn
14. Curly79
16. MartinOC
19. Whiteferret
21. TheWiggman
22. GrumpyPaul

Bus Boozers
1. Curly79
3. DJ_L3ThAL
4. Husky

I've put my name down as attending and cubing. Unfortunately I've got virtually no chance of getting a beer ready for swapping that'll be worthy to swap, so I'll just focus on attending and brewing.

I've also cleaned up the list a little, though a few extra things need to be confirmed - no bus, no Qld group, anyone heard from Grainer in the last 12 months?, etc.

MartinOC said:
I'd rather host another swap in summer & there's no available sleeping space in the shed any more, so everyone would be kipping outside.

I just thought that maybe we could do it at the new CB HQ in Bayswater? I'll have to ask the boss if there's any issues (like insurance/public liability etc.).
Yep. Kinglake would definitely be better in summer. Fwiw, I think Cam (midnight brew) is hosting this summer. Maybe check if he's up for a last minute swap of venue?
Otherwise bayswater would be totes fine [emoji6]

Stu - could you get something in a bottle and just pass the aging on to the other swappers? Or something that is best drunk fresh ie. Saison etc?

Latest posts

Back