Vic 2017 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been following this thread since it was going to be in Mildura ....
Sounds like it's gonna be fun.
Can't help but think that you'll be missing a little something, without the Boys from the Bush though!
Have one for us ey?

Sorry guys I will not be coming tonight because I'm a dumass and rear ended someone... Waiting for the tow truck now

Cy'all tomorrow to down my sorrows!

7th July - 9th July Location: Idzy's Brewery - Ferntree Gully

Attendees (Swappers)
1. Idzy
2. Husky
3. DJ_L3THAL - English Brown - ready from September.
4. AJ80 - grapefruit pale ale (should be ready)
5. droid - Nefarious Villain; A three way blend of two RIS's and a Sour Cherry Stout
6. Midnight brew - Son of Zeus IPA blended with Harvest IPA
7. mofox1 - Monster Pale (drink now)
8.GrumpyPaul - Grapefruit Sour. (drink now) [Note there are 15 sours labelled 8 and 5 of the American Rye in this case labelled 8a)
9. mofox1 - Heady Topperish (drink now!)
10. Shortybronx
11. Whiteferret
12. Laxation - Stout, American style. Not quite ready
13. TheWiggman - Haters' Wheat© (drink now)
14. GrumpyPaul – American Rye (drink now)
15. Tahoose
16. Danscraftbeer (if I can rustle up 24 bottles of beer, I didn't plan etc :oops:) I should be able to although they are just my standard house ale stuff, a couple of Stouts, Irish Red Ale, maybe some Saisons very well aged now.
24:

Attendees (Swappers - Reserves)
1. QLD Crew - Discuss

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. Technobabble
2. Malt Junkie
3. JB - Fri & Sat
4. Micbrew
5. Nullnvoid xxx
6. MartinOC

Cubists ($40 p/c)
1. Idzy
2. Technobabble
3. Malt Junkie
4. DJ_L3THAL
5. Husky
6. AJ80
7. Midnight brew
8. Shortybronx
9. droid
10. JB
11. MartinOC
12. Micbrew
13. mofox1
14. Whiteferret
15. Laxation
16. TheWiggman
17. GrumpyPaul
18. GrumpyPaul (if Im allowed 2)
19. Danscraftbeer (if I can get 1)

Updated my two beers on the swap list. Please drink soon - this is my first go using a bottling gun from a keg. So Im not 100% confident ho well they will keep the carbonation.

Ill be dropping off tommorow some time and look like Ill only be able to stay for a bit.

see you then.

I can get it going with a few crappy pics from last night.
Testing the rig with The Mongrel Brew:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1499470988.648324.jpg

Mike, Head Brewer, checking to make sure everything is going EXACTLY to plan [emoji57]
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1499471014.531177.jpg

Sorry gents, I've bitten off more than I can chew and will be working late tonight. I'll have to pop over in the morning to help with breakfast and laugh at your sorry asses. Drink up!

Cheers for a great arvo chaps. Massive thanks to idzy (and mr and mrs idzy) for hosting, mofox and co for the brew and Djl3thal for the food. Also, big shout out to midnightbrew and Martin for the yeasties. As usual, some fine brews were shared too. Shame I had to leave early and hope the brew finished off well.

Made it home in one piece! Big thanks to idzy for resurrecting the swap. 2 brews I think kept us more sober than previous swaps. Thanks to all the guys that kept us fed and all the assistant brewers that got us through a massive weekend! I'm going to collapses now.....

Thanks to IDzy for hosting, Mofox, husky and co for the brew day/s, everyone for the great beer that was floating about throughout the day (banana wine blew my mind). To chief of food Nath and co for keeping everyone fed, micbrew for organising my 5+ year chemical supply, danscraft for the toothpick chilli experiment and seeds. Special mention to AJ, micbrew(again), MartinOC for spoiling me with vegan options, really appreciate it fellas! Often my own family and social groups rarely give me those options, you're all truely a supportive group.

And to all those that received yeast, be fruitful and multiply!

Get ready for the summer swap at mine. More to come on the yeast battlefront.

Dunno what that sober comment is all about! ;) Nah definitely road testing Husky's BFK on the Friday night finishing up after 3am ate into valuable drinking time!

But I'll join in the chorus, the thanks list:
  • Thanks Idzy & family for hosting, so surprised no-one went for a swim :)
  • Thanks to the Malt Junkie & MofoX for running a smooth operation as Head Brewers & all the assistants
  • Thanks to Wayne for supervising the milling of the 400kg of grain on MofoX's awesome milling setup
  • Thanks to Husky for raising the bar with creating the BFK, btw how'd you like the thrashing footy result last night? It's what you wanted right? ;)
  • Thanks to Micbrew for organising the perc/met bulk buy. And those freaking awesome chicken ribs were a life saver on Sat morning
  • Thanks to Nath & the whole food crew for a boss food effort, even enjoyed some of the vego options, but don't tell anybody!
  • Thanks to everyone for bringing an awesome variety of great beers
  • Thanks Russ for the lif home mate, legend
  • Thank you everyone and goodnight
Looking forward to Cam's swap, hmmm to plan something interesting...

Well said JB, I second all of those thanks. Specially idzy and family, so very generous to host and let the riff raff in for an entire weekend! Plus utilisation of the dryer to dry my bedding which got rained on!!

Some very very nice beers were had in-amongst the brewing, spilling, prophesying, heavy lifting, Silverchair, fishing hops out of the bottom of kegs, barrel sampling and good ol laughs. At least that's what my memory is telling me. Commendable beers I quite favoured were mofox's Coconut witbier (lol), the two Stouts (mofox & Wiggman's), Yob's drop in barrel aged Sierra Nevada wonder even though a commercial example, pretty much all of AJ80's sours and JB's Berliner Weisse :)

Now where is that Tasting thread... oh, here it is https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/vic-2017-xmas-in-july-case-swap-tasting.95650/#post-1464009

Well done to the ...Victorian crew :bowdown:

Again we set the bar ....
what a special event , never ceases to amaze me the array of beers , food , convos
laughs , sharing, pontification and Good times.

minehost Idzy & fam many thanks for your generosity
Deej I'm now hooked on chuck steak burgers .. apologies Cam
soup , gerky , roo stu , homus , pulled pork, egg plant curry
Brew Meisters , Mike & Mick and assistants

special mentions
BHP = Wayne The Silent Achiever :cheers:
Husky ... BFK :D a piece of Magnifgiance
AJ80 ... next case swap can you bring some crap beer , I'm sure we are all feeling the pressure
Cam & john Martin Russ DJ : Yeasties , keg tags , lift home , cubes and firewood

I'm sure I have missed a bunch of people , I'm tired now ... think I will lie down

Back