Vic 2017 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mic that's rad!! Also Heath a roast option may even be an awesome change up and give Russ a break carting the spit about? [emoji3]
I could do some chicken skewers with onion and capsicum and paprika? Assuming idzy has a BBQ at Flower st?

Happy with Micks stout or a RIS, RIS may get complex with iterated mashing? Could me in as a +1 with whatever the consensus is [emoji12]

What's the Flower Street setup like, will there be amble space for single man tents and will there be a fire? Please tell me there's be a fire.
Crap I'd better get brewing, I was thinking of doing a lager but I don't have a spare keg. Do we have many wheat fans?

I'll bring the pie warmer and some party pies and such, though might double up from last time ..... those fuckers disappeared bloody quick.

They were right next to the avacado salad from memory ... what would I know .. I slept through most of it [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

technobabble66 said:
Does your recipe have oats in it? (or Rye?)
No biggie if not, just curious. ;)

Does Jesse RIS MacFadyen have a good stout recipe (that he's happy to share, of course) or would it be possible to have a crack at a RIS/semi-RIS?
Happy to go with a basic stout, but it seems like a RIS might be the other obvious option in the stouty direction.

I've got Wayne's recipe for his oaty stout, but i'd prefer to have his permission before posting it (i'm sure it'll be fine, but it's not mine, etc.).

However, it sounds like a few have tried yours, Mick, and are keen so i think we'll be going with your legendary stout. B)
I can help with the brewing stuff if you want, both in prep and on the day(s).

EDIT: Actually, just occurred to me that all of us who got extra D2 or Amber Candi syrup from the last big brew-up can easily toss 1kg into a regular stout wort and get a semi-RIS out of it (plus maybe adjusting the IBUs), if that's what anyone wants. Or just use a tin of goop for those that don't.
So maybe easiest to stick to, say, Mofox's recipe, and peeps can pimp it out from there.
No oats or rye in the mentioned recipe... I'll throw that up on the weekend if/when I get a chance to go thru my logs. I've got a similar one on tap now, and it is a damned tasty brew.

RIS also sounds good!

How does this all work? What do you do and what's the difference between swapper and cubist?

I'm not far from ferntree gully so would be keen to come check it out.

technobabble66 said:
Does your recipe have oats in it? (or Rye?)
No biggie if not, just curious. ;)

Does Jesse RIS MacFadyen have a good stout recipe (that he's happy to share, of course) or would it be possible to have a crack at a RIS/semi-RIS?
Happy to go with a basic stout, but it seems like a RIS might be the other obvious option in the stouty direction.

I've got Wayne's recipe for his oaty stout, but i'd prefer to have his permission before posting it (i'm sure it'll be fine, but it's not mine, etc.).

However, it sounds like a few have tried yours, Mick, and are keen so i think we'll be going with your legendary stout. B)
I can help with the brewing stuff if you want, both in prep and on the day(s).

EDIT: Actually, just occurred to me that all of us who got extra D2 or Amber Candi syrup from the last big brew-up can easily toss 1kg into a regular stout wort and get a semi-RIS out of it (plus maybe adjusting the IBUs), if that's what anyone wants. Or just use a tin of goop for those that don't.
So maybe easiest to stick to, say, Mofox's recipe, and peeps can pimp it out from there.
lol.. Mine are by thumb naturally, so I have many recipe's.. Normally subtly different each time.. Bit more roast, bit more chocolate, bit more roast...

laxation said:
How does this all work? What do you do and what's the difference between swapper and cubist?

I'm not far from ferntree gully so would be keen to come check it out.

Swapper: brews beer bottle and provides a bottle for each swapper and the host.

Cubits brings a cube and helps with a massive brew day, which we then cube for participants to take home all costs split.

Attendee: watches the mayhem unfold

all taste the various brews, and get reasonably tipsy.

Food all costs are split.

So the massive brew just gets poured into a cube - To add yeast/hops and go?
Sounds good!

Is the brew done on saturday?

laxation said:
So the massive brew just gets poured into a cube - To add yeast/hops and go?
Sounds good!

Is the brew done on saturday?
Yeah. If you are on the cubist list, bring an empty cube. You will go home with a cube from the collaborative brew on the Saturday.

If you want to get in on the swap bring 24 PET bottles of your brew. We all swap bottles so you go home with 24 different beers.

A 20L cube also to be specific. No more, no less [emoji3]

Curly79 said:
If you want to get in on the swap bring 24 PET bottles of your brew. We all swap bottles so you go home with 24 different beers.
Any problems with bringing 48 stubbies?

Rule is PET bottles only for everyones safety.

starts friday night finishes sunday morning ..... bring a swag/tent

Latest posts

Back