Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Mick, i really liked that ESB of yours - hoping you'll be generous enough to post or PM the recipe.
No problemo, glad you liked it. Simple recipe... based on Brewing Classic Style, although I don't have it on hand right now to check if I deviated much..

OG: 1.048, FG: 1.016, 40 IBU
93% TFFM Pearl, 3.5% CaraBo, 2% CaraAroma & 1.5% Black

Mashed in at 55°C. Ramp immediately to 68°C for 60min, no mash out (fly sparged - boil kettle gets turned on as soon as the wort covers the element).

60 min addition of Challenger (25 IBU) and EKG (6 IBU)
0 min addition of Challenger (3 IBU) and EKG (6 IBU)

WLP005 @ 18.5°C - half a yeast cake (washed) from an ESB kegged the previous day, "refreshed" on the stir plate for a couple of hours before pitch (necessary for WLP005 because it is just so damn flocculant).

This one made it from pitch to keg in 7 days... the big pitch brought to one point above terminal in 48hrs and was at FG by the next day.

Gday, Micbrew asked me to post these up on his behalf, so here there are:

The first one shows the low hanging cloud that blanketed Marionvale for most of the brewday. The rest are general activity during the day :)

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

Unfortunately didn't take many photo's but here's one. Must say the fire was awesome and was of course lots bigger later on in the night. Thanks Wayne for letting us demolish your wood pile.

IMG_20160716_205526.jpg

I must say later on when I was trying to turn the stew, it was borderline singeing the hairs on the back of my knuckles. Pretty sure some campfire attendees were getting a kick out of watching me have a crack at it, like a cat with a hot sausage. Quality fire, could have filled a trailer with all those hot coals.

So true so very very true. There was defiantly tears lost with that stew. Still can't believe Leigh polishing off bowls full like a walk in the park.

mmmyummybeer said:
Unfortunately didn't take many photo's but here's one. Must say the fire was awesome and was of course lots bigger later on in the night. Thanks Wayne for letting us demolish your wood pile.
all the boss could say was 'see you need an arse!'

Gutted I missed all the good food. I'll never begin festivities on a Choc Port again

Back