• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Version 2-SS 400 micron mesh Brew Basket(short&wider)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roosterboy

Reaction score
Ok so Version 2 . How did you go Cervantes with your measurements??
We have : * synliss;
* tumi2;
* Kwinchee;
* AJS2154 and
?? Cervantes and me.
Size again is Total height 38cm
Diameter 34cm
Height 31cm
Legs 7cm
I have some pictures of Version 1 , they're on their way here , I have their tracking numbers.
Thanks
Roosterboy

1 (1).jpg

2.jpg

3 (1).jpg

Can you explain or show a photo of how the mesh is fastened to the frame so that grain matter can be flushed out and won't get trapped

You turn it upside down and hit it with the hose or tap and it washes away.
Moog said:
Can you explain or show a photo of how the mesh is fastened to the frame so that grain matter can be flushed out and won't get trapped

Straya said:
Would they fit in a turbo boiler?
I don't know the specifications of a turbo boiler , sorry . Version 1 above is 29.0 cm wide 38.0 high plus 2cm legs.

bradsbrew said:
How much are these.
At the moment I'm waiting for some guys to make up their mind and there is a critical number needed. But they will be somewhere around $120 - $128.

Look good, but the bottom looks a little flimsy for lifting wet grain. Have you tested it out properly? I made something similar but much larger for my 350lt nano brewery.

If I was putting a large vol of grain in a basket like this but larger ,it would need reinforcing. I have ueed the original version many times no problem.

Check out drunken drone facebook page for my basket, mine is perf mesh with a couple of 20mm angle irons through the middle.

Nice, sounds like your proud of it.I don't have any plans to make bigger baskets as the cost goes up and people won't pay for that and freight. I'll check out facebook.

Roosterboy,
Can you tell me where I can get a 50cm square piece of the 400 micron mesh from, I'm having trouble sourcing some, because it's such a small order.
Can I get a small piece through you and your basket maker?
I'm trying to get a metre cut off the roll, or something like that, but can't find anywhere with the stuff

Latest posts

Back