Vb Mid $35.99 On Special @ Liquorland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainbrewer

Reaction score
I was in the local liquorland and saw they had VB Mid on sale for the bargain price of $35.99.

What would you brew or buy for your brewing setup for $35.99

<_<

Careful.

This may be moved to off topic. :p

Advertising this crap.

cheers
johnno

HEy thats a bargain

I saw it for $39

I also saw a bilboard saying

3.5% ALC
100% TASTE

It must be good

cheers

At $40/carton, that would make it a "premium" beer 8).

cheers

Darren

Tops! But I got all the grain for a Duvel clone and Doc Abbey's Belgian Strong all cracked a right to go for a double brew day Saturday. Now I dont know if I should dump that and buy 2 cases of mid or not :angry:

But for $40 I got a Aquarium heater, air pump and stone, should get the Duvel of to a good start here in Newcastle at about 18 deg C. ;)

Steve

Seriously has anyone tasted the stuff, I say taste because there's no bloody way you can drink the stuff

I known even cast iron VB drinkers who hate it :blink:

i would rather drink a broken schooner glass with a ciggy but in it.

cheers

$35.99 for a case of VB...mid strength...no less...

See this is WHY i'm a fan of homebrewing... essentially you could brew 2 cases of full strength beer of a higher quality for that price...although that would be pushing it a bit.

I'd buy 50kg of Kirin Malt and brew 281L of beer that is full strength and soooo much better than Visitors Beer! Or maybe 450L of mid strength :chug:

CUB have concluded that the whole idea of VB Mid was completely daft and so they're killing it off with absurd pricing. That's all I can come up with...

CUB paid crazy amount of money for this product to be displayed well in BWS, 1st Choice, Dans and LL. They also shipped stupid amounts of product to each customer. It is not selling so the price must come down. What a flop! In flop terms it is comparative to Coke's Mother energy drink.

Cheers, JJ

Out of curiosity how much is a case of normal VB going for?

I haven't been to a bottle-o and looked at beer prices for ages

I usually fall over in shock at how much they can charge for crappy beer

Wonderful thing this craft brewing caper

Cheers

A normal case of VB is on sale now at Safeway for around about $32 I think! The mid is definitely junk, no doubt!

Odd thing is, that before I got my brewery started I bought a case of full strength VB at Richmond, using a coupon cut out of The Age for $20!! Pretty cheap right! Well, it was VB Mid strength bottled in full strength bottles, labelled as full strength etc. I thought that I had bought a really bad batch of beer, until I tasted a Mid Strength and figured the bottling line had been screwed up and they flogged it off to this place in Richmond to get rid of at cheap prices.
:angry:

Serves me right for buying mega-swill.

Well, it was VB Mid strength bottled in full strength bottles, labelled as full strength etc. I thought that I had bought a really bad batch of beer, until I tasted a Mid Strength and figured the bottling line had been screwed up and they flogged it off to this place in Richmond to get rid of at cheap prices.
Oh, for god's sake. That does not, can not, happen.

Keep a bottle. I'll pay all of the costs of having it proffessionally analysed. Send me a PM.

I was at a party once and a mate had bought a six pack of crownies

He was drinking them and notice that three of the unopened bottles were only half full all marked with the same batch number

He contacted them on the relevant phone number and cited the batch number and they sent out a voucher for another six pack

Only it was for a store 1/2 an hour drive away

He rang them again and they sent another voucher

Cheers

What would you brew or buy for your brewing setup for $35.99

<_<

Half a kilogram of Amarillo and a bottle of Chimay Red, or
I'd put it into the 'Buy a Filter and Sodastream' Fund, or
As much Pure Blonde as that would buy... :blink:

Edit: Corrected stupid quantity mistake as highlighted by Hutch.

A kilogram of Amarillo and a bottle of Chimay Red, or
I'd put it into the 'Buy a Filter and Sodastream' Fund, or
As much Pure Blonde as that would buy... :blink:
A kg of Amarillo for $30 :eek: - please do tell!

Yeah. I meant half a kilo. I'm a dickhead.
Mate, the only d!ckheads are the tools forking out $36 for a case of VB mid!
...and the penny-pincher's at CUB in their never-ending quest to lower the bar.

Latest posts

Back