Vb Alc Content To Be Dropped Again!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Breastfeeding mothers association should be up in arms.
We were raised on VB down south as kids, it may not taste good but it bred us tough....
Made us stand tall in our mocco's and flannos and we combed out mullets straight down.....

I wonder if it is relevant anymore.. how many ppl still drink VB?

VB is seriously a nothing beer. It has that typical fosters astringency and is best served freezing cold onto the ground. Couldn't care less if they made it 0% cause I would rather have a gin and tonic if they were my two choices. :icon_vomit:

Wozza and Shagga inspecting the bald head models in the window of the Mt Druitt (Goodna, Noble Park, Elizabeth) Bogan Hair Studio before going in for their annual shave. Then for a few more of them Goldies.

Oi! You watch it when nockin Lizbeff!! That's Butters and Muckeys territory!.....even the average Lizbeefin wouldn't drink VB.....

:lol:

VB is seriously a nothing beer. It has that typical fosters astringency and is best served freezing cold onto the ground. Couldn't care less if they made it 0% cause I would rather have a gin and tonic if they were my two choices. :icon_vomit:

Yeah quite often when beers are free at functions and VB is the primo beer I'd go for a red wine. Even a bad red is better than a VB. Plus it doesnt make you agro and want to punch people... :ph34r:

edit: spelling

Oi! You watch it when nockin Lizbeff!! That's Butters and Muckeys territory!.....even the average Lizbeefin wouldn't drink VB.....

Lizbeff??? Is that like Penriff aka The Riff aka Penrith?

I only know one person who drinks VB, my BIL, he is a linesman for energy australia, has a flattop haircut, drives an SS ute, has a tattoo of an outline of Australia on his upper arm and is quitting his job to join the army to be a rifleman...

as that say in the riff, nuff said.

VB is the biggest selling beer in NSW, hands down. On the other hand, the percentage of people who give a **** about beer and go for micros, imports & boutiques is very small.

With the full strength quickly becoming a mid-strength - will they eventually just merge into one 'beer?'

VB full strength gold, you can get it working, you can get it avoiding tax, unfortunately, I got one one now...

Might become a new sports drink.

No no no no - you've got it tits up. They need to keep coming out with NEW varieties that taste almost identical but have a gimmick, ad campaign and tin colour to differentiate them.

Considering the blandness of most recognised commercial brews produced in this country I say thank christ for both Coopers and homebrew.

On the other hand, the percentage of people who give a **** about beer and go for micros, imports & boutiques is very small.

Abso-f*@kin'-lutely. I also agree with the Coopers comments. This surely must be Australia's premier beer in all it's 5.8% ABV glory! As a matter of fact I'm enjoying one now (parden the pun).

Oh, and get ready for VB Blonde too. That won't be too far away. It's criminal, we all know that. Blonde beers, what a scam.

Bowie, rant out.

this is sacrilege. i grew up in the lilydale area and used VB as my booze of choice in my teens. i am going to raise an army of semi-old bogans and march on parliment.

seriously why are they taking away the one thing she has in her favour....alcohol content. Someone needs to defend her!!! It's like seeing an old girlfriend being treated badly by her new boyfriend. :(

1 in 4 beers sold in Australia is a VB according to that article.
Does't that make you feel proud to be an Australian!

I just went out and tried one of your Virtual Beers...
I must admit, i've been here seven months and still haven't tried one.
Guy at the bottle shop wasn't sure which food it would best be paired with...

Any road, i decant to chilled glass and savour:

Unsophisticated, unpretentious, an easy dr...

...hang on it's warming up,

For Fucks Sake Dave - it's ******* LAGER... and it's Goppin'

Yeah i guess VB tastes like piss....well piss might have more flavour but it seems like the thin edge of the wedge!!!

Take to the streets. Bogan Riot!!!! :icon_cheers: :party:

I just went out and tried one of your Virtual Beers...
I must admit, i've been here seven months and still haven't tried one.
Guy at the bottle shop wasn't sure which food it would best be paired with...

Any road, i decant to chilled glass and savour:

Unsophisticated, unpretentious, an easy dr...

...hang on it's warming up,

For Fucks Sake Dave - it's ******* LAGER... and it's Goppin'

Scruffy goes well with FRESH (48 hours old) road kill mate.... :icon_drool2: :ph34r:

roadkill.jpg

Luv

Chappo

Na they'd much rather be drinkning West End Draught :icon_vomit:

just another point to prove VB does not give a shit ab out their beer; it's only profits.

QldKev

Rubbish. It's cooked by an old nanna for 2 weeks according to a 6000 year unchanged recipe and bottled by the village children.

VB is the biggest selling beer in NSW, hands down. On the other hand, the percentage of people who give a **** about beer and go for micros, imports & boutiques is very small.

Sad but true :( Only 1.5% of beer sold in NZ is craft beer

I wonder if they are cutting down on the alcohol by adding less sugar to the fermentables? Save on ingredients and also excise.

Could make it a really bad beer instead of the current really, really bad beer!

Latest posts

Back