Vaucluse bitter? satire article?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already the case. There are some small bars in Sydney where you can spend $15 on a longneck of VB, and drink it ironically with you hipster mates out of a brown paper bag.

Haha my mate is involved in running this site, so unfortunately it is satirical, but makes for a good laugh. It hasn't stopped that story from being shared round the webs as the real thing though..which is just all an added bonus to them!!

Yep, even in a small ass somewhat hick city like Rockhampton you have Hipsters standing near the front of certain pubs proudly displaying there VB stubbies they probably payed $10 for.

And people turn there nose up at me and decline the invitation to try my home brew, hahaha.

If VB actually did win a comp like that, Well, i cant even imagine what I would do.

Airgead said:
Already the case. There are some small bars in Sydney where you can spend $15 on a longneck of VB, and drink it ironically with you hipster mates out of a brown paper bag.
Bahahahahaha.......I just spat out my Passion Pop...... :lol: :lol:

A friend of mine who proudly and passionately supports VB posted this to Facebook making fun of the "dumb craft beer drinking hipsters".

The irony of posting a satirical article as factual making fun of dumb craft beer drinking hipsters that was likely written by a craft beer drinking hipster seems to be lost on him.

FYI, that's the definition of irony. If he was aware, the situation wouldn't be ironic. The humour was lost on him, apparent to us; that's irony, my man.

Sorry, I just really like demonstrating my understanding of irony.

Dilli said:
FYI, that's the definition of irony. If he was aware, the situation wouldn't be ironic. The humour was lost on him, apparent to us; that's irony, my man.

Sorry, I just really like demonstrating my understanding of irony.
FIrst post! Welcome to AHB. I'm glad you signed up to explain that to us all. Until now I thought "irony" was an off flavour in beer arising from using old wrought iron kettles.

I signed up about 12 months ago to discover the secrets of reverse engineering Tap King technology for home brewing purposes, returned for the semantics :)

EDIT: "Joined 09-January 14". If I'm going to be a pedantic *******, I might as well pull myself up on that.

Oh yeah, you joined up 10 months ago. My bad. I understand your frustration and wanting to correct English mistakes, but you'll be hard pressed to keep up with them all around here. :p

Sorry, I just couldn't resist an "irony" pun. :D

verysupple said:
but you'll be hard pressed to keep up with them all around here. :p
Maintain the rage Dilli. Some of us have to uphold standards round here.

I was calling myself up for saying 12 months. I'm a meta-cognitive pedant :)

Cheers fellas :drinks:

Latest posts

Back