Uxcell Elements...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kev & Clueless,
Thanks for the excellent info & links to piccies - I got all I need to know now. Didn't realise there was already info on them in another thread :rolleyes:
Slinte,
Steve

Hi Kev & Clueless,
Thanks for the excellent info & links to piccies - I got all I need to know now. Didn't realise there was already info on them in another thread :rolleyes:
Slinte,
Steve

:icon_offtopic:
My god your avatar is distracting!!

I've picked up a few of their elements. I've just set up a single vessel recirculating automated system with one 2kw element in there. Testing today it works well, I'm going to brew something on it tomorrow. so I'll have some more input.

I'd suggest running running parts to take the full load as you will be running the full load for over an hour straight. I set my 2kw system up with a power cord that takes 20a so it doesn't get too warm.

I hope I didn't miss it earlier in the thread but could anyone who has the 2.5kw circular element tell me how wide the mounting hole needs to be? I punched a 40mm hole in the base of my HEX pot and the element shorted :( Need to get a replacement and these look the goods.

I hope I didn't miss it earlier in the thread but could anyone who has the 2.5kw circular element tell me how wide the mounting hole needs to be? I punched a 40mm hole in the base of my HEX pot and the element shorted :( Need to get a replacement and these look the goods.
When I measured the one I have, it looked to be 32mm

I think it would be excellent in a HERMS or even the HLT, if you wanted a bit more power than the normal kettle element.

QldKev
Yep, just bought one last night. Will report back when it gets here

Just came across this variation of the 2.5kw element. Would be good for the heat exchanger I think.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251075257559?ss...9#ht_1511wt_854

That looks perfect! Easy install with Kev's method with the convenient size of a kettle element. I'm looking to put on in a HLT.
I might just buy one now.

Great find.

P.S. Uxcell also sell them on their ebay store, not sure if it matters who you go with tbh...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5KW-AC-220V-S...=item257147143a

That looks perfect! Easy install with Kev's method with the convenient size of a kettle element. I'm looking to put on in a HLT.
I might just buy one now.

Great find.

P.S. Uxcell also sell them on their ebay store, not sure if it matters who you go with tbh...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5KW-AC-220V-S...=item257147143a
For what it's worth, most sellers selling this stuff are actually uxcell as well. They have many many accounts. The one I bought was uxcell as well, different name on the PayPal email addres, but still at uxcell.com

All comes from the same place

For what it's worth, most sellers selling this stuff are actually uxcell as well. They have many many accounts. The one I bought was uxcell as well, different name on the PayPal email addres, but still at uxcell.com

All comes from the same place

Yeah good point mate.

Have you ordered one of these yet? Did you get any dimensions? I'm thinking they would be perfect in the bottom of a converted keg. I measure the flat spot in the bottom and its 65mm across in diameter.

uxcell_elements.jpg

Thanks kev, but I was looking at the smaller spiral one clueless was talking about.

Yeah I did see that but what I'm particularly interested in, and have emailed them about, is from outside nut to nut measurement.
Dimention.jpg

Acasta, the measurement you're after is the space between the (dead centre of the) two points at the top of the picture, not from the outer edge of the nuts.

edit: nice find btw, I'll be ordering 2 of these

Acasta, the measurement you're after is the space between the (dead centre of the) two points at the top of the picture, not from the outer edge of the nuts.

edit: nice find btw, I'll be ordering 2 of these
No its not. I need to know if the nuts will also fit into the flat spot. A centre-to-centre measurement would not provide that, unless I also had the OD of the nuts on the threads.

Yeah good point mate.

Have you ordered one of these yet? Did you get any dimensions? I'm thinking they would be perfect in the bottom of a converted keg. I measure the flat spot in the bottom and its 65mm across in diameter.
I ordered one, but it isn't here yet. Don't expect it for a couple of weeks....

Back