Uxcell Elements...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for the price you might just be better going the 1" screw in.
at least you know they work and can get parts easy. (and use Punkins mount / guard thing)

because if you weld on 3" triclover flange then you have a 3" hole in your boiler...

problem is i can't find a 6kw element in 1" bps :( have been looking & ringing...

so I installed the 2.5kw spiral element into the wall of my keggle, without the die cast box & wiring, just to see how well it fit on the curved surface

I went to remove the element & realised I've cross threaded one side of it..

View attachment 56081

I'm a bit spewin coz now I can't undo the nut, believe me I tried. Even more spewin coz I just upgraded to a 70L s/s pot that planned on installing this element in, with a 2nd one that's on it's way from Uxcell right now

might be back to the drawing board as fas as my choice of element goes

I put my element in the same way. I was able to make things fit by "forming" )aka flattening with a hammer) the keggle until things were flat, though if the element if fucked you will need to replace it

looks like two built in thermowells which could be handy.

Equipment these are installed in must have some sort of clamp fixing. Cant think there's an inexpensive way to mount them.

Watch the exposed terminals also, it's as much work to enclose them safely.

Mudd

2" ferrule is about 65mm, so maybe they'd somehow fit on a 2". Can't see it working with the element guard as that only has a 1" thread, unless you used it backwards i guess and had the wiring coming out of the 1" hole.......

Interesting looking beast.

http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/carimali/car...i-spare-parts-6

you could go have a look at some coffee machine ones

i know carimali are screw in (but more like 2") and a few other brands are as well plenty go up to 4500 but some might go 6kw?

Pedro is the guy at coffeeparts and it's in Sydney not far from the airport
but they are going to be a little more $$ than uxcell...

two new elements arrived yesterday & just installed one of them as per QldKev's instructions on Page 8 of the Keg King elements thread.

Absolute Legend! Couldn't have been simpler.

Just need to buy a cable gland & some wire connectors & I'm done.

Cheers

I might have to replace the gaskets that came with it though cox they look far from food grade

I might have to replace the gaskets that came with it though cox they look far from food grade

cut your own from some silicone bake wear. you can pick em up in target / kmart / bigw. too easy :icon_chickcheers:

I'm getting rust on my uxcell spiral element, rusted up a bit the first time I flushed the pot with Starsan. I cleaned it up but it keeps coming back <_<

I have a spare which I managed to salvage from my keg, so I'll be swapping them over on the weekend & attacking the slightly rusted one with a Dremel

Quick update

My 2kw uxcell full stainless isn't fully stainless. The threads/plug assembly rusts (not just spots from bad stainless but full on rust). I had a spare one with a brass ends spare which seems fine.

so in my experiment avoid these http://www.uxcell.com/220v-2kw-type-stainl...h-p-191036.html

but these seem fine http://www.uxcell.com/2kw-power-shaped-sta...e-p-175120.html

I've found the same thing. I think the 'all stainless' ones actually have a tin/chrome base.

QldKev

Is anyone running their 23L batch system kettles on the 2KW versions. I've recently built a small system for experiments and used just 1 x 2KW version, it's a pretty pussy boil. It is a rolling boil, but it's just not vigorous. The 50L pot is fully insulated with a camping mat, then a stretchy material over that.

I'm starting to think maybe I need to add a second element, that is controlled by one of those overgrown dimmers.

QldKev

Yep, I've been using mine with a 50L Keggle. Not a big boil but I'm happy doing a 75 or 90 minute boil to be sure. I've insulated mine with an emergency blanket.

Is anyone running their 23L batch system kettles on the 2KW versions. I've recently built a small system for experiments and used just 1 x 2KW version, it's a pretty pussy boil. It is a rolling boil, but it's just not vigorous. The 50L pot is fully insulated with a camping mat, then a stretchy material over that.

I'm starting to think maybe I need to add a second element, that is controlled by one of those overgrown dimmers.

QldKev

I have found 2.2kw is not enough for 50L keg. 4kw and voltage control will give you slow simmer to volcano. but unless you use a circuit for each element you will then need 20amp circuit for 16-18 amp max.

Any more feedback on these? Looking for an element for a HLT.

Cheers

Robbo

The 3 in my 3v kettle and also the 1 in my 'little bro' system are all still going strong. If I needed more elements these are the first ones I would look at.

The 3 in my 3v kettle and also the 1 in my 'little bro' system are all still going strong. If I needed more elements these are the first ones I would look at.

how many brews have they done Kev ?

Latest posts

Back