Urgent! Need Fosters in cans!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WortGames said:
Seriously, this pains me, but our visiting Czech supplier is hoping to take some Fosters home for his boys. He found bottles but apparently he'd prefer cans.

Is there anywhere in Melbourne that I'm likely to find it?!
As a kind of ambassador, you have a responsibility. You should be discouraging your Czech friend, not enabling.
Bad enough marketers have portrayed us as a nation of Fosters drinkers on the international stage, let alone at a grass roots level. At the very least, send him back with a good example or two of how we roll.

Fosters? Oh the shame.
Might as well slip a few One Nation and Family First leaflets in his carry on for good measure.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Seriously though, Fosters drinks better than VB and Draught.
Look, I'll burst out of the closet and announce that between the ages of 17 and roughly 25, VB was my default drink.
Many good memories of hot afternoons on the way home in the plumbing ute, tired, filthy dirty and relaxing with a frosty VB tallie in my lap.

Fosters, fcuking never. Even when we were kids pinching beers at parties, I hated it. Do they actually replace the hops with lactose? Yuck..
It really is shite.
Shite.

Dave70 said:
Look, I'll burst out of the closet and announce that between the ages of 17 and roughly 25, VB was my default drink.
Many good memories of hot afternoons on the way home in the plumbing ute, tired, filthy dirty and relaxing with a frosty VB tallie in my lap.

Fosters, fcuking never. Even when we were kids pinching beers at parties, I hated it. Do they actually replace the hops with lactose? Yuck..
It really is shite.
Shite.
Hmm, I'll admit the last Fosters I had was before I homebrewed and was travelling in Europe, so had the token few at the Walkabout pubs in London (LOL). Maybe it was the feeling of travelling and excitement that modified the taste in my mouth, or maybe I was simply uneducated on beer and something different than VB/Draught was a refreshing change (no pun intended).

I'll re-visit this, next time I see it in a bottle shop I'll grab one can and re-assess my position.

Dave70 said:
Look, I'll burst out of the closet and announce that between the ages of 17 and roughly 25, VB was my default drink. .
Me to. Used to buy a carton of twist tops and head to the river with mates. VB was not tp bad back then. Especially when the only other beer generally available in town was Reschs Pilsner ( silver bullets ). When I first started drinking Coppers on tap I felt like a rebel.

I also liked Fosters light ice on tap. It was way different to regular Fosters. I only drank it cause it was the only lite beer worth drinking. Tooheys 2.2/Red/Blue where somewhat terrible.

My very first Fosters were out of cans in the UK in the 1970s. There were lots of Aussies in the UK for employment reasons and also dodging the Vietnam call-up and around that time shops sprang up selling Fosters, Vegemite etc and even pumpkins (that the Poms used to feed to cows back then).

I was really into beer appreciation, my favourite drop was Pilsner Urquell in the pint bottles and I sought out German beers wherever I could. Fosters (as well as Cascade and Reschs) stacked up proudly with Euro lagers in those days. Sad that they have declined into tasteles megaswill, I think we have the rise of the duopoly to thank for that, much as happened in the USA following prohibition. My last bottle of Fosters would have been around 2002 in Redcliffe.

As a kind of ambassador, you have a responsibility. You should be discouraging your Czech friend, not enabling.
Bad enough marketers have portrayed us as a nation of Fosters drinkers on the international stage, let alone at a grass roots level. At the very least, send him back with a good example or two of how we roll.

Fosters? Oh the shame.
Might as well slip a few One Nation and Family First leaflets in his carry on for good measure.
...And you don't think that supplying a FULL case WILL discourage? Certainly would for me. A bit like catching a child with a cigarette and forcing them to smoke a whole pack.

The person is from the home of Budweiser, Urquell, Kozel and others. They're not likely to mistake it as other than what it is - Plain Old Fosters

my 2 cents

Back