underbench temprite

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaninstakes

Reaction score
hi all,

just looking at replacing my under bench chest freezer in my ourdoor bar, unit is in the shade should keep cool in summer

this is my current setup using a temp controller on the chest freezer.

freezer is too bulky to slide out and lift kegs out plus it pretty much just about knackered.

looking at replacing the frezzer with a temprite like photo 3 and running the beer from the corny kegs through the temprite and straight up through the bar into the beer taps, the beer will be in the kegs in shade undercover in the dark do you think this will work how will i got about carbonating the kegs. i do use gas bottles. happy to get the beer put into the corny kegs from small brewerys in the area its more of a novelty thing not a cost saving ? will this setup work ??

would love some feedback before i invest money in the temprite.

Attachments

• IMG_1377[1].JPG
    IMG_1377[1].JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1378[1].JPG
    IMG_1378[1].JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 44
  • beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 44
Just remember that in the graphic the kegs will be in a cool room, typically about 12deg's.
SO! 2 issues, first what's the ambient temp of your kegs in the shade? Beer stales pretty quick if kept warm.
Second, what is the temp drop of the temprite, if you look at a typical bar, beer coming from cool room at 12 deg's going through temprite and coming out tap at 4 deg's shows the temprite is knocking off 8 deg's, if your keg in the shade (ambient) is 30 deg's (aussie summer) that means beer at 22deg's?
This is all very generalised/simplified just to give you an idea about what you are proposing, sure you can dial a temprite up but eventually it will freeze up, a bit like your car aircon on a hot humid day drips water onto your feet (I'm looking at you brand new Fairlane 1998 in Sydney!) Lots of variables but I think you'll get the drift.

(I'm looking at you brand new Fairlane 1998 in Sydney!)
Look at Mr Lindsay Fox over here with his new fairlane. Sheesh!

But grmblz makes a good point. Run it too hard and you may end up with frozen beer lines, or foamy beers.

A good choice could be something like a Kegarator under the bench, and do yourself a tap ontop. Just replace the Keezer with a Kegerator depending on space. It's much easier to load, and cold conditioned beer is far nicer than ambient conditioned beer.

Even in the cool, covered and dark if you get a string of 30c + days the beer will be fair warm. You may end up constantly fiddling with the temprite to get it right depending on the run of days.

Not saying it can't be done, but if your interest lies in the novelty of having legged beers, simple is key. A pre done kegerator (quad tap even) easy peasy lemon squeeze.

Look at Mr Lindsay Fox over here with his new fairlane. Sheesh!
Oooooh! I'm so hurt,
Long story short,
Living in Canberra driving an old Nissan 720 ute.
Needed to get to Brizzie (quick)
Drove to Canberra airport hired a car for a long journey (there and back no overnight)
Wanted a bit of comfort and got a Fairlane with 38k's on it, that's not 38000 that's 38 kilometers.
SWEET! err, till I got to Sydney and had wet feet from the air-con freezing up, AND I was headed North, what a complete and utter piece of shit, drove all the way there and back with the windows down (bit like my 720 really)
Don't ask.
;)

Yeah was just having a lend, my old man had a 1998 fairlane. It was a nice car, but wouldn't have paid for one brand new. Fark, so over priced!

Kegland have a series x plus coming out, 8x kegs, $499. Door opens from the front. Would be perfect for this.

Back