Uncle Kev Is At It Again....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why they don't focus on getting a large infrastructure project going and top this populist shit.

How about use the spare equipment and manpower in the west to dig a hole the size of Sydney Harbour and run fresh water all the way down the west australian coast. Another Ord River Scheme.

Or maybe a channel from the gulf country in QLD down as far as Cubby station , and blow a hole in the dam wall.

Last time the economy was this bad we had the Snowy Hydro Scheme. $50B buys a lot of earth moving!

I don't mind paying back the defecit over the next 20 years so long as it's on something worthwhile.

BOG

+1
With you all the way there. But you are dead right that this is just populist bullshit.

That being said, it looks like the missus and I might get something this time :ph34r:

Looks like we may get something in the new tax year, sounds good.

Double banger if you have children that go to school....

Last time Rudd handed something out, AHB had another thread! that had alot of people complaining I wonder mmmmmmmm.....

Oh for fucks sake not again. Let me knock back a dozen and comment on this bonus malarkey :icon_cheers:

For once I agree with you Katie. Even if everyone gave 10% of their bonus to a legitimate charity, that would be great. C'mon, people, the money was never yours to start with, so you're not going to miss the hundred bucks you pass over to a good cause. My four faves are:

The Wilderness Society
The Fred Hollows Foundation
The Smith Family
Greenpeace

In fact, I will send anyone a beer if they show me a $95 receipt to one of the above.

Havent looked at the details yet but i may get something this time.

If thats the case will be taking a long overdue holiday and putting the money into the hands of the tourist industry - local of course.

Hmmm, havent been to the coonawarra yet..... :icon_drunk:

Glad with this one as I may get some.
Work every weekend, and uni during the week.
Not on centrelink, and got slugged for tax last year.

Will be buying some text books
-Robbins Pathology
-Talley and O'Connor Clinical Skills
-Brew like a monk :icon_chickcheers:

I will be wacking it off the mortgage
So will the wife

Anyone that has a visa or loan bill should pay it also. Crystal ball says stupid people piss it away, again.

After the last one failed miserably. It was spent on SHIT. Double hand out for almost everyone who got it last time.

I pray to the baby jebus aussie smarts up a little*

I'm not judging, just commenting.

* by voting out that left wing pile of steaming shit that is Labor.

For once I agree with you Katie. Even if everyone gave 10% of their bonus to a legitimate charity, that would be great. C'mon, people, the money was never yours to start with,

It was, I earnt it, the govt took some of it, and now they are giving it back to try to jumpstart the economy.....

If by spending this money on myself I (along with other's) allow a small business like a LHBS to keep one more employee on staff, then I feel I have done something to help someone who deserves it.

Now is the time to buy shares in ........a poker machine company!!

Cheers,
smudge

Now is the time to buy shares in ........a poker machine company!!
Really? Didn't seem to do Arisocrat too much good. Down 40% since August.

aristocrat_shares.jpg

Won't be getting anything yet again. That's what happens when you live overseas and not actually earn or pay tax locally for 2 years.

Damn you KRudd for penalising those of us who can earn a bit of doe and consequently fork over more in tax.

It was, I earnt it, the govt took some of it, and now they are giving it back to try to jumpstart the economy.....

Right - Gimme Gimme Gimme. I suspect that you're baiting me, so I'll take a nibble.

It's EVERY Australian's money, and to throw it at a couple with kids when those without kids don't get the same, well that's just plain ******* wrong. A child has contributed nothing by way of PAYG tax. Sure you could argue that all those expenses are taxed, and the profits from all those child-rearing purchases are funnelled back into the economy.... although most of it ends up in the pockets of major overseas shareholders who have a firm grasp on the multinational monopoly of big business.

I maintain that it's not the rest of the country's choice if you are to have a kid - and as such there is no legitimate reason to dole out rewards for a lacklustre approach to birth control.

If it's your money, it's my money too mate. In fact, it's more my money than your's being that Ive been in the workforce for at least 10 years longer than you. So may I request that you give 10% of my money to the Wilderness Society when you receive it ? Thank you.

For all I know, I'll probably get a few crumbs out of this one by the sounds of it, but it's not going to change my viewpoint on this whole public bribery scam that the Rudd party is perpetrating. They want to support the people, give everyone sweet-****-all, and pump it into free national tertiary education & an acceptable health care system.

Won't be getting anything yet again. That's what happens when you live overseas and not actually earn or pay tax locally for 2 years.

Damn you KRudd for penalising those of us who can earn a bit of doe and consequently fork over more in tax.

Well I paid tax the last 2 years...but I got money back.

Does it mean that you don't get any of the 'up to $950' if you got money back from you tax return??

Well I paid tax the last 2 years...but I got money back.

A tax refund is a different story to a bonus. Your Notice of Assessment merely calculates whether your income has been taxed at the correct rate over a given financial year, and refunds you (or bills you) according to the tax scale already in place. i got a bit back last year myself, and splurged on home-music studio stuff. But it wasn't a bonus, as such.

Ummm... this latest round of bonuses isn't dependant on whether you have children or not, just whether you have worked and paid tax or not

Yea, I know, Schooey, but I never the the facts get in the way of a good ol' rant :party:

* Tax Bonus for Working Australians of up to $950 paid to every
eligible Australian worker earning $100,000 or less. This will support
up to 8.7 million individuals.
* $950 Single Income Family Bonus to support 1.5 million families
with one main income earner.
* $950 Farmers' Hardship Bonus paid to around 21,500 drought
affected farmers and farm dependent small business owners receiving
exceptional circumstances related income support.
* $950 per child Back to School Bonus to support 2.8 million
children from low- and middle-income families.
* $950 Training and Learning Bonus paid to students and people
outside of the workforce returning to study to help with the costs of
education and training.

finally actually get something from the Government that isn't directed solely towards dole bludgers and single mothers.

Latest posts

Back