Tweeting Beer Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Want to know when someone else is drinking your beer while you are out/at work ??
Well you need your beer taps to tweet when they are accessed of course.

Yep some nerds have done it, and goddamn it I want mine too as well.
You already know my coolroom tweets every hour already here. So this is the next logical step :p

Doc

I've pinged the company that makes the flow sensor and display to see if they do a metric one (eg. millilitres and degC) with the serial interface.
No response yet.

Doc

very good idea. i'd like to have something similar to that when i actually have a ful tap system running.

I got a reply back.

Thank you for your interest in the Keg-Meter. We do not offer a Keg-Meter with metric units and we do not have any immediate plans to do so. We will look into this further.

:(

Doc

I remember hearing a while ago about a system which has people punch in a password to use the taps, so their usage can be monitored. People's beer access can be 'rationed' with this system (sounds pretty good for share houses :p )

How about a breathalyzer on the taps :eek:

cheers

Darren

Drill a a hole on top of the tap handle and run a chain through it and lock each end at the fridge so the handle can not be used hahahaha or like me my house mates dont appreciate a good hommie so they dont drink it. They drink there teds

Anything that gives SWMBO black and white evidence of EXACTLY how much beer you are drinking can't be a good thing........

That said, for nerd factor that is awesome.

I remember hearing a while ago about a system which has people punch in a password to use the taps, so their usage can be monitored. People's beer access can be 'rationed' with this system (sounds pretty good for share houses :p )

God that's what I need at home!!! Ration my housemates...lol

Back