Tv Channel 7mate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, back on topic.

Watched it over lunchtime today, after recording it yesterday.

I was impressed with their technology and processes.
Can't say much for their beer personally, it's not really my style, but millions in the USA and around the world must like it.
Would love to know how they manage their spent grain, and how it's disposed of.
It's encouraging to see they are responding to the obvious growth and influence of smaller and craft brewers in the USA by brewing specialty beers, rather than just their mainstream Bud and Bud Light.

I haven't watched it, but considering market trends, they are reacting to craft beer out of sheer necessity.

ED: and I love watching videos of Budweiser's setup, so I will watch this. You have to respect the fact that they spare no expense to make the highest quality bland lager out there.

The rice - which they grow in Louisiana - was added originally to the brew because in the 19th Century it was the best way of getting a clear beer out of the American six row barley so it has a firm historical basis and is not just a cost-cutting exercise. And they've kept the 5% ABV which is another mark of their quality as opposed to most Australian mega brewers.

Done the brewery tour in St. Louis and recall that the spent grain was onsold to feedlots etc for animal feed.

Back