Turning A Keg Into Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two person lift works. A trolley makes it easy to shift around.

A pump could come in handy too, a self priming pump.

I am going to keep my eyes open around the back of the local pubs, I want one of those.

I would not take one without asking of course. :ph34r:

Think logically guys it is not a feasable option like POL say two man lift or forlift .

it will cost you more to convert it than to but a plastic fermenter believe me Pumpy

Or there's this...

frame.jpg

What the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pumpy

captain_booze said:
... but i don't really mind brewing blind.
[post="57496"][/post]​
I have tried to cut down on the booze while brewing, stuffed up too many hop additions and always forget the irish moss.

keg_004.jpgHi
Heres mine a christmas pressie from the father in law!!!

Admin Edit - Doc: Removed double pic post

sorry bout the double pic -its my first time :huh:

My god Deadly. What is the capacity of that.
Lifting that would be a problem.
But ooooh so niiceee and shinnney.

Doc

fair bit of relabelled fosters in the back ground there deadly
top looking fementer there btw.

and if it looks shiny stuff the weight factor.its just another homebrew hurdle to overcome. ;)

cheers
big d

Its a standard 50l keg i dont lift it just dump everything in from the brew pot

hehe, I was wondering how long it would take until GL's OH&S hazard appeared in this thread.

That keg looks truely awesome. My only comment, get rid of that plastic tap.

Thanks
i have been looking around for a suitable tap (i dont think the plastic suit it either)but arent having much luck any suggestions would be appreciated

A nice stainless steel ball valve would go well. Either welded in, or use some adapters to fit the thread already in the keg. The problem with taps in such nice big fermenters, they are vulnerable to bumping.

That is one nice looking s/s fermenter !

Batz

here are some peices that i found, now that is pretty steal

DSCF2349.JPG

DSCF2350.JPG

Back