Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Turning A Keg Into Fermenter

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by captain_booze, 26/3/05.

1. Tilt

Posted 29/11/14
    Thanks again for the photos. Simple and effective just how I like it. You've inspired a project in the new year. Cheers.
    Yeah, black crates would be the go for sure- ├╝ber technical to match the triclover bling.

1 person likes this.
  2. Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.

Posted 14/2/15
    Bit of an update to this project, the gas disconnect was a tight fit into the top of my fridge, so I removed the gas post and rigged a blow off tube..

lid.jpg

keg.jpg

3. Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.

Posted 14/2/15
    And built up this little add on to my oxygen jig... got a two valve gas connection, one goes to a stone that I can put into flasks or what not, the other is a stone connected to a 2" tri-clover fitting.

This means I can pump O2 up through the wort from the bottom before pitching the yeast, and I'm even toying with the idea of leaving it in there for 24 hrs to add a little more O2 after 12hrs for bigger beers, or potentially for beers known to stall.

Has anyone tried this before and did it work/encounter problems? The continued in place aeration bit I mean..

O2.jpg

bottom.jpg