Turning A Keg Into Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for the photos. Simple and effective just how I like it. You've inspired a project in the new year. Cheers.
Yeah, black crates would be the go for sure- über technical to match the triclover bling.

Bit of an update to this project, the gas disconnect was a tight fit into the top of my fridge, so I removed the gas post and rigged a blow off tube..

lid.jpg

keg.jpg

And built up this little add on to my oxygen jig... got a two valve gas connection, one goes to a stone that I can put into flasks or what not, the other is a stone connected to a 2" tri-clover fitting.

This means I can pump O2 up through the wort from the bottom before pitching the yeast, and I'm even toying with the idea of leaving it in there for 24 hrs to add a little more O2 after 12hrs for bigger beers, or potentially for beers known to stall.

Has anyone tried this before and did it work/encounter problems? The continued in place aeration bit I mean..

O2.jpg

bottom.jpg

Latest posts

Back