Turn Up The Heat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does that mean he's ditched it for an upgrade?

Borret

Folks

According to the nice people at Gemeco, the mongolian burner is designed to be run flat out - it doesn't take kindly to being turned down.

if you want adjustment you need a diferent burner.

Incidentaly, I can definitely recommend the nice people at Gameco. Just ordered a burner for my new setup. Great advice, ship next day and they gave me a pretty hefty homebrewers discount.

Cheers
Dave

Airgead said:
Incidentaly, I can definitely recommend the nice people at Gameco. Just ordered a burner for my new setup. Great advice, ship next day and they gave me a pretty hefty homebrewers discount.

Cheers
Dave
[post="57655"][/post]​

Could i ask what model, specs and your own personal feedback as to the burner. I also live in Sydney at Gameco could be a better option than NASA burners

Thanks

Will

kungy said:
Airgead said:
[post="57655"][/post]​
Could i ask what model, specs and your own personal feedback as to the burner. I also live in Sydney at Gameco could be a better option than NASA burners
[post="57662"][/post]​
Yeah, the Gameco people in Melbourne are very helpful. I bought one of these from them:
HPBurner.jpg

Until I made a stand I used to put the keg directly on top of the shroud that came with it. As for turning down the heat on this model, no problem.

Jazman said:
and a good glove is a must to turn it off and wathc for those boil overs
[post="47676"][/post]​
Jazman - no problem like that with the Gameco burners. The gas controls are a long way from the burner, well outside the rim of a keg.

kungy said:

Thanks

Will
[post="57662"][/post]​

Since I only do 30l batches and cash is a bit low at the moment I opted for a basic 60Mj 4 ring. Should bring 30l to the boil in around 15 mins and can be turned right down to get the level of boil I need. they sell similar burners at camping shops (and BBQs galore) for twice the price. They have the NASA type burners and some industrial jobbies that would put the NASA to shame.

I haven't fired it up yet. I'll let you know how it does once I've given it a test run. Unfortunatley it won't be this weekend (if only it wasn't Mothers day...). probably the weekend after.

Cheers
Dave

Hey SOS,

Can I ask what sort of money for the Gameco version. Did you get an adjustable high press reg or just a standard high press reg for it. And what price for the reg?

Borret

You must have money to burn Pumps ;) looks the biz though....

Hey borret,
Mongolian burners are crap! I have one and wished i'd gone with the nasa. It burns ok at full flame, but yellow and sooty at part flame. It does the job, but at the end of the boil your left with heavy layer of soot to clean of the kettle.

vlbaby.

I got one out of an old water boiler given too me,

I have been lucky to get a few bits free so I dont mind paying to get a matching pair.

Time is the money too me and with these burners I dont have to hang around waiting for the batch to boil they are fantastic and efficient too .

Pumpy

Pumpy said:
I got one out of an old water boiler given too me,
Time is the money too me and with these burners I dont have to hang around waiting for the batch to boil they are fantastic and efficient too .
[post="57853"][/post]​

Looks the goods. You could even put some rocks on top of it and use it as a bbq.

Sosman ,

I used to love that old song by Jethro Tull when I went top the Isle of Wight Pop festival Ohhhhh about 69 'them were the days' you would have liked the song too Sosman it was called 'Living in the past '

Beside the point I might try your idea of putting rocks on the burner .

Thats a good idea where did you get that from .

Pumpy ( Patented ideas for the twenty second century)

Pumpy said:
I used to love that old song by Jethro Tull when I went top the Isle of Wight Pop festival Ohhhhh about 69 'them were the days' you would have liked the song too Sosman it was called 'Living in the past '

Pumpy ( Patented ideas for the twenty second century)
[post="57907"][/post]​
Although a fan of Jethro Tull, living in the past isn't my favourite. Aqualang and rumble in the jungle go down well though.

So pumpy, how many patents have you got your name on so far?

look like one and the same wortgames.the frames may differ a bit but i think they are all made in china and sold/labelled under different brand names.

Torsion said:
Is the stand that comes with these units (any of the types available) large enough to support a converted keg? The bottom "ring" of my keg kettle is 400mm diameter - is the stand large enough on top for that?

Why fiddle around with the burner stand? Why not just cut out an appropiate sized bit of 3mm or more ss plate & sit the keg on that over the stand? Don't suppose it's the cheap option, but it's better than cutting up the stand. :D :D

Sosman

How many patents have I got to my name !!!!!

well let me see now mmmmmmmm!!!!!!

well none but I was thinking of the gravel on top of everything but you did not give me much confidence .

:(
But I have got a pair of 'Patent black simulated leather platform shoes' from the seventies awaiting for them to come back in fashion ' B)

Pumpy

:lol: :lol:

From somebody old enough to remember Pumpy. ;)

We shall now call you "Pumpy Holder"

Warren -

nodbootcrop.jpg

Latest posts

Back