True Believers Rejoice !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatgodzilla

Beer Soaked Philosopher
Reaction score
Dragons.jpg

I say this humbly ......

YES, my brothers in arms YES !!

As a Roosters supporter may I firstly say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D

That said, what a load of crock :lol:

1st try - on the back of . . .

1. a penalty when Anasta didn't get off the player in LESS THAN 2 SECONDS after the ref called his name!!

2 Morris then ran into touch - unnoticed by everyone

3. Next Play try

ROBBED!!!!!!

1st try 2nd half = Perret taken out - should have been Roosters penalty. No, Line drop score next

ROBBED

Momentum then goes t Dragons, for the rest of the game.

That said, wtf is it with the Dragons having someone right next to the marker at the play the ball in the last try?

Just like they did as they shieled Soward for his field goal 2 weeks ago????

Also, I recon the ball hit Aubusson so knock on, no try.

But the NRL had to get Bennett No 7, and Saints their 1st in 31 years

Lots more publicity in that than the Bondi boys

Seriously though, needed to rant, now I won't have to kick the dog (again)

Congrats - heres to a 2011 GF rematch :beer:

Cheers

PS - The real turn around for Carney starts now - big disappoinment for him, hope he stays clean (would say the same of any player under the social presssure he would be now)

Cheers

I was at the game, so would have to watch the replay before suspicions re: woeful ref decisions are confirmed.

Once the Dragons got in front, they held scoreboard pressure and were able to choke the Chooks out of it.

Having said that, congratulations Fatz and all the rest of the Dragon Army. If only more clubs had fans like yours. The missus is very happy right now, which can only be good news for me :beer:

YES Ian, been waiting a long time mate, we will have a beer or two at AHNC and discuss this.

To BEC26, you didn't mention any of the roosters faults. diarhea hargraves was coming in late every time. Remember, the roosters were in front at half time. They should have capitolised on that in the second half, instead the dragons came out and dominated. It would have been good to see the roosters supporters out in force to support their team too, but as with the semi, they seemed to prefer to stay at home. Anyways here's to a rematch next grand final hey.

cheers

Browndog

It would have been good to see the roosters supporters out in force to support their team too, but as with the semi, they seemed to prefer to stay at home. Anyways here's to a rematch next grand final hey.

cheers

Browndog

Considering St Gillawarra have been first for most of the season, their fans had the ability to buy tickets knowing they were a fairly good chance of being in the GF. Fans of most other clubs would be shelling out good money in the HOPE that they would be there.

I organised a ticket with my buddy in case the Eels made it, but I didn't wanna be locked into the ticket if we missed out. Luckily for him, two Sydney teams made it and we had no problem offloading them. But if it were Canberra and Gold Coast, I dunno if we'd have been so lucky. The Roosters finished 6th, so they would have been pretty optimistic fans to go ahead and buy GF tickets before they qualified.

Considering St Gillawarra have been first for most of the season, their fans had the ability to buy tickets knowing they were a fairly good chance of being in the GF. Fans of most other clubs would be shelling out good money in the HOPE that they would be there.

I organised a ticket with my buddy in case the Eels made it, but I didn't wanna be locked into the ticket if we missed out. Luckily for him, two Sydney teams made it and we had no problem offloading them. But if it were Canberra and Gold Coast, I dunno if we'd have been so lucky. The Roosters finished 6th, so they would have been pretty optimistic fans to go ahead and buy GF tickets before they qualified.

That's true Josh, but didn't the Roosters play a semi in Sydney? I seem to recall the crowd was very small, though I may be confusing this with a different game.

That's true Josh, but didn't the Roosters play a semi in Sydney? I seem to recall the crowd was very small, though I may be confusing this with a different game.

33k in week 1 of the finals and most attended game that weekend... I was one of the 16.6k at Penrith and was disappointed by the low number there.

From Wikipedia

82,334 Dragons 32 Roosters 8 ANZ Stadium NRL Grand Final **less than the 82,538 at the Storm Eels GF in 2009
71,212 Dragons 13 Tigers 12 ANZ Stadium NRL Preliminary Final **less than the 74,549 at the Bulldogs Eels Prelim Final in 2009
44,787 Titans 6 Roosters 32 Suncorp Stadium NRL Preliminary Final
33,315 Tigers 15 Roosters 19 Sydney Football Stadium NRL Qualifying Final
27,026 Titans 28 Warriors 16 Skilled Park NRL Qualifying Final
26,476 Raiders 24 Tigers 26 Canberra Stadium NRL Semi Final
23,459 Roosters 34 Panthers 12 Sydney Football Stadium NRL Semi Final
16,668 Panthers 22 Raiders 24 CUA Stadium NRL Qualifying Final
15,574 Dragons 28 Sea Eagles 0 Jubilee Oval NRL Qualifying Final

Latest posts

Back