SS Brewtech 10 Gallon Kettle with Apuro Induction Hob

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroenHart

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about the maximum weight limit on the induction plate of 30kg, the 10 gal pot is ~7kg that leaves 23kg.

If you can make something to take some weight on the overhang you might be ok.

I've been using the Avantgo 3500w induction plate since 2015. Started with an 8 gal Bayou Classic kettle, then went to a 10 gal Bayou Classic kettle, both for making 5 gal batches. No weight problems at all. Then I bought the Ss brewtech 15 gal kettle to make 10 gal batches. Still no problem. I've had as much as 14 gal of wort in the kettle. My problem with boiling this volume of liquid is getting a good roll in the boil. I've had to insulate the kettle when doing a 10 gal batch. 3500 watts is a little low to get a good roll in the boil. Wort still boils but the surface is mostly tiny bubbles and just a little roll. Still enough to boil off about a gal per hour though. BTW, the induction plate is built into a stainless steel frame so the steel is actually supporting all the weight.
RDWHAHB
Bill

Latest posts

Back