Transferring Beer From Corny Keg To Party Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carboy

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm heading away to visit family for a couple of days and I'd like to take a party keg full of beer with me. My issues is, I only have brews in 19lt kegs ... so I'm wanting to know if I can transfer carbonated beer from my 19lt Corny to my 11lt party keg? If yes, how do I do this without spoiling the brew.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

Hello, I'm heading away to visit family for a couple of days and I'd like to take a party keg full of beer with me. My issues is, I only have brews in 19lt kegs ... so I'm wanting to know if I can transfer carbonated beer from my 19lt Corny to my 11lt party keg? If yes, how do I do this without spoiling the brew.

Cheers

Yes you can transfer from keg to keg without spoiling.

Options
1. Two Closed vessels - Beer Out to Beer Out (original keg under pressure - low pouring)
2. One Closed vessel - Beer Out to keg (open ended tube to bottom of keg - original keg under pressure - low pouring)
3. Two Open vessels - Syphon

Just my take.

Hello, I'm heading away to visit family for a couple of days and I'd like to take a party keg full of beer with me. My issues is, I only have brews in 19lt kegs ... so I'm wanting to know if I can transfer carbonated beer from my 19lt Corny to my 11lt party keg? If yes, how do I do this without spoiling the brew.

Cheers

Linky.

TP

counter pressure

place gas on keg_to keg, burp and pressurize to same as from keg.
keg_from gas to keg_to gas, to ensure there the same
reconnect gas to keg_from
no gas on Keg_to, then connect keg_from to Keg_to beer out
now "burp" keg_to, beer will start to flow across, (repeat till full or level you require)

head_hurts.jpg

Pressurize your party keg the same as your large keg.
Disconnect gas from party keg.
Bleed just a fraction of gas off from your party keg, so the pressure is now less than large keg.
Hook beer out to beer out posts together.
Beer will now transfer to party keg.
Slowly bleed off gas from party keg, until full.

Latest posts

Back