5 litre part kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeBee82

Reaction score
Hi,
I presently brew in 19 litre corny kegs. Looking at buying 5 litre dispensing kegs with CO2 cannister for taking to parties, any trick to stop beer going flat? Or just pour from fridge tap into 5 litre , close lid and plug in 16g CO2 cylinder ?
Thanks in advance

If you're going to drink it all within 24 hours then I wouldn't overthink it. Just use a tube from the corny so it fills to the bottom of the mini, use a normal lid and pour the beer normally. You might get frothing when you fill the mk depending on the condition of the beer, but unless it's something like a NEIPA buying taps and co2 fittings is just an unnecessary expense and faff, unless you're determined to go down that route.

What five litre keg are you looking to buy? Even a 2 litre keg I would want fill via closed transfer if I can. And dispensing more than 2 litres I would prefer through a tap over just cracking the whole 5 litres.

My situation is slightly different, but also similar to yours. I brew under pressure in a Fermzilla All Rounder, and transfer the carbonated beer via closed transfer into 23 litre corny kegs, with perhaps 2 litres going into a 2 litre mini keg. As I don't have a kegerator, all my beer is stored in 23 litre kegs in a fridge in the brewery. I closed-transfer the beer I intend for ready-drinking into 5 or 2 litre mini kegs with tapping heads, which I dispense with 25g CO2 bulbs on a mini reg. I have done this for over two years, and the beer remains fresh and carbonated.

Attachments

• SNPA.jpg
    SNPA.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Thanks guys, the kegs I’m looking at are Vevor - 2 litre and 8 litre
They look cool, but lose me in function. I prefer a tapping head that has ball lock post for both gas and liquid. Much more versatile and easier to integrate into your system if already using ball lock legs. Tapping heads with the tap directly attached aren't always the easiest to manage flow. These kegs are essentially selling you on fashion and not function in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back