Touring Time Approaches

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milob40

i'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
Reaction score
hi all,
i am currently planning a holiday in late september to gold coast and northern nsw, for 2 weeks probably as far as yamba?
i would appreciate any info on the area, best camping accom (caravan parks). best fishing as i will be taking my 4.5mt tinnie with me.
i would love to meet a few fellow brewologists along the way to compare notes and sample :icon_drool2: of course :D .
my son wants to do the theme parks circuit on the way, the problem is i don't like the idea of leaving a boat with gear in it in the dreamworld carpark :unsure:
does anyone know where i can store my boat securely for a couple of days around this area.
also looking to do a pub crawl of some craft breweries, stone and wood is the only one i know of so far.
any info is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm two weeks!

Tin Can Bay for good fishing, much of the waterways further south are pretty much piscatorial deserts. Two parks good one here TCB CP near Crab Creek.

Free (overnight) Camps at Calliope River and Gympie (south of the city at Six Mile Ck)

Plenty around the Sunshine Coast, good one at Dicky Beach right on the beach, surf club and shops all within 100M

Brewery's
Sunshine Coast Brewery
Brisbane Brewhouse at the Clarence Hotel Woolloongabba
Bacchus Brewing (plus you get to meet Ross and visit Craftbrewer)
Mt Tamborine Brewery while the kids and handbrake are at theme parks, and maybe another on the mountain by then.
Burleigh Brewing Gold Coast
Then Stone and Wood at B Bay about 125K from Yamba

Welcome to drop in here if you're staying close.

Screwy

The fishing will be nowhere as good as where you are now mate.

Give Dreamworld a ring, I'm sure they get visited frequently by grey nomads and their enormous contraptions - ask if the car parking is patrolled.

Hey mate, woody head camping grounds at Iluka (just north of Yamba) is a good spot to camp, fish and it has a boat ramp.

Its part of the bundjalung nature reserve so you often have the resident roos and wallabies visiting.

I'm in north brissie . Happy to baby sit the boat. And take a run out to north reef if time and weather permit. Oh yeah and share a brew.

Cheers.

Hey mate, woody head camping grounds at Iluka (just north of Yamba) is a good spot to camp, fish and it has a boat ramp.

Its part of the bundjalung nature reserve so you often have the resident roos and wallabies visiting.
sounds good, is the fishing any good around yamba?

Hmmm two weeks!

Tin Can Bay for good fishing, much of the waterways further south are pretty much piscatorial deserts. Two parks good one here TCB CP near Crab Creek.

Free (overnight) Camps at Calliope River and Gympie (south of the city at Six Mile Ck)

Plenty around the Sunshine Coast, good one at Dicky Beach right on the beach, surf club and shops all within 100M

Brewery's
Sunshine Coast Brewery
Brisbane Brewhouse at the Clarence Hotel Woolloongabba
Bacchus Brewing (plus you get to meet Ross and visit Craftbrewer)
Mt Tamborine Brewery while the kids and handbrake are at theme parks, and maybe another on the mountain by then.
Burleigh Brewing Gold Coast
Then Stone and Wood at B Bay about 125K from Yamba

Welcome to drop in here if you're staying close.

Screwy
the relly's live at cooloola cove so may have to give it a whirl.
i was actually down there last weekend to pick up the boat from burleigh (very quick trip) and took the time to visit and sample some nice brews from ross at craft brewer, bought some grain etc while i was there too, damn i didn't know i had a craft brewery right under my nose at burleigh and had 2 hours to kill.
starting to think i may leave the boat behind or leave at cooloola. and just travel light.

The fishing in yamba is pretty good, and not too bad down here in Coffs on the beaches

+1 to woody head. Try to get there twice a year. Great for kids, handy boat ramp, we get a site that has its own fireplace, they supply plenty of small bits of green hardwood which eventually get going into a great fire. Showers take 20 cents for couple of minutes. Rock fishing off the point, beach fishing and there is a reef couple of nm offshore.

Like most places overfished and you need a licence. Fish coop great, the sweetest freshly cooked prawns.

Dont tell anyone about the place,gets too busy already :D

stating to rethink now so might pay woody point and coffs a visit and just bring some beach rods so i may leave the boat at tincan bay.
thanks for the heads up.

Back