Nsw Xmas Camping Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to be there?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fatgodzilla

Beer Soaked Philosopher
Reaction score
The NSW Xmas Case Swap is being conducted some what further south than normal, just a tad closer to my place. Being nice to people, rather than have you know where I live, I thought it best we use the brilliant camping facilities of the lovely south coast township of Conjola (or Lake Conjola to some ..). Just north of Milton/Ulladulla, a few hours drive from Sydney and the ACT. Whether you want to be in the case swap or not is irrelevent, this event is open to all AHB members who want a pre Xmas break in a beautiful waterside township with fellow beeries. Of course we will brew something on the day. But mainly we can drink beer, talk beer, eat fine foods etc in a child safe area, so anyone with small children can bring them to a safe venue (or as safe a venue as thirty or so drunks can make it). Camping is cheap but there are cabins available for those seeking more solid accomodation. I have included a brief tourist article on the town - do your own research if further info needed. And the date is locked in (at this stage :rolleyes: )

Saturday 27th November 2010

Conjola This village and extensive lake system on the NSW south coast is a popular holiday spot. The township fronts the lake which is the estuary for a number of streams flowing to the sea from the hinterland hills. It is a favourite haunt of fishermen, boaties, water skiers and both stillwater swimmers and surfers.

The name has an Aboriginal origin, probably from Kongoola - the name of a freshwater fish found in the local creeks. The first white men in the area were Alexander Berry and his party in around 1822. The first permanent European settlers had arrived by 1847.

Most activities relate to the lake and its environs, with fishing, prawning, swimming, boating, boat hire, surfing and bushwalking all being popular. A boardwalk, which starts at the eastern end of Entrance Road and leads to a viewing platform at the outlet to the sea, provides access to the beach for the disabled.

Nearby reserves are criss-crossed with bush trails such as the Narrawallee Inlet Walking Track. Holiday accommodation is available in cabins, cottages and caravan parks.

im in. got the approval from swmbo. just need some more details on those cabins fatz.

You know I'm there fatz.

Are you thinking the caravan park down the end near the beach?

Wooohoooo

The missus has agreed to this one....just got to find a reasonably priced cabin for the family.

You know I'm there fatz.

Are you thinking the caravan park down the end near the beach?

Yes, the Island View Caravan Park. Lake Conjola Entrance Tourist Park, sits like a gem on the South Coast of New South Wales boasting:

Direct access to magnificent Conjola Beach
Southern boundary of unspoilt bushland
Absolute frontage to sparkling Lake Conjola
Lake Conjola Entrance Tourist Park has an array of comfortable cabins and spacious tourist sites to choose from. The park also has a range of guest facilities and excellent amenities.

What to do?
If you like water sports you will be literally spoilt for choice! Enjoy fishing, boating, water skiing or even sailing. Or maybe just sitting and relaxing is more your speed? No problem, unwind on the banks of the beautiful lake Conjola or the perfect sands of Conjola beach.

What are you waiting for?
Contact friendly park managers, Allen & Keri, at Lake Conjola Entrance Tourist Park for a complete holiday experience!

Gonna have to put in for leave on the Sunday, work aren't too keen on letting people have time off in the busy season, but I'll work on it.

I vote "maybe".

Depending on my end of year wine trip schedule, I should be able to attend before the trip commences.
Hope I can make it...it'll be one LEGEN-DARY week of fine beer and wine!

We should be in, we will both book up some Annual Leave, and look into offloading the little one with the inlaws (as much as I love her, relaxing and Charlotte don't tend to go hand in hand.....those who have met her know what I mean..)

Might have to book a cabin in order to convince SWMBO.....

Watching with interest as I might be tempted. Only concern I have is most camp sites have a no noise curfew after a certain time i.e. 10.00pm. Speaking from experience, theres nothing worse than trying to get to sleep in your tent with a roudy bunch of drunkards yahoooing until 4.00am. So, yeah interested but dont want to piss people off.
Cheers
Steve

Interested. Perhaps Fatz can do a group booking or at least reserve 1 large area of the park for ahb'ers once numbers are close ?

Will have to check with my prettier half if she wants to join me, but I want to come :)

Barls, if you book a cabin I want two beds/a room or however this works..

Bjorn

Family and I are in. Will need to check out the cabins.

cheers
Andrew.

Sounds Great Fatz!!!

Just gotta work out if it is just me or of the family wanna come too.

Might be the excuse to re-register the camper trailer - but that would mean I couldn't bring a keg fridge..... problems, problems a! ;-)

Top Idea!

Crozdog

Sorry Fatz,

Should be 15 days or so into being a Western Australian... I am expecting a ticker tape parade etc. Ahem.

I haven't been to Lake Conjola (I am one of that some) since I was 10 or 12, so I would have loved to have come.

I think that with all the swaps Ian has attended, the total kilometres traveled to date would be about on par (or in his favour) with the rest of the state driving to his local.

Interested. Perhaps Fatz can do a group booking or at least reserve 1 large area of the park for ahb'ers once numbers are close ?

Yes, will organise an area away from the main camp site for brewing / late night.

Only concern I have is most camp sites have a no noise curfew after a certain time i.e. 10.00pm. Speaking from experience, theres nothing worse than trying to get to sleep in your tent with a roudy bunch of drunkards yahoooing until 4.00am

We will have one advantage over the normal caravan park yahoo .. the barleywines, truppels & imperials will come out at dusk to ensure all good brewers will be asleep real early !! Since I can't make the Qld Xmas party this year (13 Nov too early) this will be a substitute. As a rule I am not a night owl, so I don't want 4.00am people either.

Another plan is to book and sleep into the caravan park next door, hoping they don't have yahooers either! And the only music after 7.00pm will be Barry Manilow or John Denver. :super:

Whatever, this will be good.

you left out braggots, cysts and meads fatz.
im up for one cabin at this stage fatz if your doing to booking.

Barls, I am calling them directly to ask for cabins.
I hope to book one to get a double room.

Easier to bring the missus and daughter if they get a real bed to sleep in. :lol:

i might have to do the same mate.

Latest posts

Back