Nsw Xmas Camping Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to be there?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i like lamb slow cooked in it. ill get some.

Workplace has denied my Annual Leave, going to see if they can at least give me weekend RDOs for that week.

Unfortunately that leaves me not knowing until much closer to the event...

This sounds great, i'd be keen for sure!

What are the campgrounds like? Is it allocated lots for your car and your tent or more of a paddock? I have a van that I sleep in, but I like to setup a bit of a living room with a tarp for shelter and everything else underneath. As long as there's enough room for that it's all good. :)

Awesome, work has agreed to let me have the weekend off.....Now time for us to decide our sleeping arrangements...

I'm going to say Yes.
Will have to work out a way of getting to Melbourne on the Sunday...not sure whether it worth driving.

I'm going to say Yes.
Will have to work out a way of getting to Melbourne on the Sunday...not sure whether it worth driving.

Tough but long drive Conjola to Melbourne in a day. Fairly slow on the Princes Highway until you hit the Vic border. Depending where in Melbourne you got to go to, recommend going over the mountains via Batemans Bay-Bungendore-Murrumbateman and hitting the expressway near Yass.

Tough but long drive Conjola to Melbourne in a day. Fairly slow on the Princes Highway until you hit the Vic border. Depending where in Melbourne you got to go to, recommend going over the mountains via Batemans Bay-Bungendore-Murrumbateman and hitting the expressway near Yass.
Hmmmm...
Looks like i've tried to cram too much into one weekend, and will, unfortunately, have to pull out of the camping weekend.

As much as i'd love to come along, chances are I'll have to leave at some ungodly hour of the morning to get to Melbourne in time, not to mention spending a good belt of the Saturday driving down from Newcastle.
At the end of the day i'd really like to spend a good amount of time down there relaxing rather than doing a rushed job. And i'm not sure how well my car would cope... :ph34r:

Anyway, have a great time folks. I'll still enter a beer in the swap, as always for shits and giggles. I'm sure I can find someone to palm that off to down in Sydney.

Fatz

- do we have to reserve camping spots directly with conjola, or you requesting half the park for us ?

- are all the camping spots powered ?

cheers

Fatz

- do we have to reserve camping spots directly with conjola, or you requesting half the park for us ?

- are all the camping spots powered ?

cheers

Sites are both powered and unpowered depending on your needs. We will ahve a section of the park - it's still quiet that time of year so easy to organise. Camping sites are not a problwm - get in now if you want a cabin.

Will get back with more details soon.

Looking forward to it, will be good fun with some camping and drinking :)

Still have more than half of my case swap beers untouched from the one in July, but will try to get a beer organised for this one as well.

Started reading about the "10 min IPA" yesterday, maybe I should try something like that.
I have a fair amount of Galaxy left from my Galaxy Pale Ale.
Hmm, maybe a GIPA?

Bjorn

I am keen for this. Ian always helps me out and i hardly get to catch up with him so i am in for both the case swap and the camping. I will ring up tomorow and book a site for me and maybe my wife if she want to come along. ( Swag for me ( So easy ) or tent with the wife a bit harder )
I will drag a keg of something down to share with the mob and just basic foods. ( No whole pigs or goats for me YUM YUM ) can only fit steaks :)
I have just bottled a dark wheat beer and had 30 bottels or so so it will just be enough for a case swap.

Might take a rod along or even the tiny if any one wants to fish with me. I can bring a spare spin rod along. Have done a bit of fishing in lake conjola in the past. Its a bit of a slow run in the boat from the camp site but as they have a 5kt zone in place but one you get past the tidal part they have got some nice water around for the like of flaties bream abd tailor.

CANT WAIT

I am keen for this. Ian always helps me out and i hardly get to catch up with him so i am in for both the case swap and the camping. I will ring up tomorow and book a site for me and maybe my wife if she want to come along. ( Swag for me ( So easy ) or tent with the wife a bit harder )
I will drag a keg of something down to share with the mob and just basic foods. ( No whole pigs or goats for me YUM YUM ) can only fit steaks :)
I have just bottled a dark wheat beer and had 30 bottels or so so it will just be enough for a case swap.

Might take a rod along or even the tiny if any one wants to fish with me. I can bring a spare spin rod along. Have done a bit of fishing in lake conjola in the past. Its a bit of a slow run in the boat from the camp site but as they have a 5kt zone in place but one you get past the tidal part they have got some nice water around for the like of flaties bream abd tailor.

CANT WAIT
Count me in, I am definitely bringing a rod so keen to get some fishing in between all that drinking.

Count me in, I am definitely bringing a rod so keen to get some fishing in between all that drinking.
Its a samll boat will fish a max of 3. Its quite easy to fish from so i will put you in as first in. Will be a spot for one more. I like to throw soft plastics around but you can quite as esay soak a bait while i do it so up to you what you like to do. I will have extra stuff onboard. Will wait and see hoe it all goes.
The good thing about taking the boat is i can fit more stuff in to take CAMPING.

here is a photo of a Flathead i caugt on sunday this week. It was my biggest flatie ever at 91 CM. I let it go to fight another day.

DSC00199.JPG

It was not at Lake Conjola but up the road at St Georgeds basin...

And a photo of the boat... Check the rego name :)

DSC00609.JPG

Its a samll boat will fish a max of 3. Its quite easy to fish from so i will put you in as first in. Will be a spot for one more. I like to throw soft plastics around but you can quite as esay soak a bait while i do it so up to you what you like to do. I will have extra stuff onboard. Will wait and see hoe it all goes.
The good thing about taking the boat is i can fit more stuff in to take CAMPING.

here is a photo of a Flathead i caugt on sunday this week. It was my biggest flatie ever at 91 CM. I let it go to fight another day.

View attachment 41091

Happy days should be a great weekend can't wait. Congrats on the flattie his a monster!

Any ideas to where abouts it the park i should be booking for camping ? I dont want to be on the other side away from the cold beers and stuff :)

View attachment 41091

And a photo of the boat... Check the rego name :)

View attachment 41092
I'd be keen for a fish with the soft plastics mate.

Cheers
Jason.

That's a point, where in the park are we all looking to be booking?? Would it worthwhile getting one of us (Probably Fatz) to contact the park re a "bulk buy" style booking and that way we can be away from others who may complain...

I'd be keen for a fish with the soft plastics mate.

Cheers
Jason.

Looks like the boats full now as long as the weather forcast is good. I dont need to fish in the rain i can get out most mornings anyways. I am hoping to be there on friday arvo so will get a fish in on Saturday morning and maybe Sunday as long as im not to hung over.

.05 still applies to the skipper on the boat. That will keep the wife happy :)

It would be good to all be around much the same area. I did ring and askes if there was and one booked under Ians name but with no luck. he is pretty busy moving house ATM so might not here back till next week. When i spoke to them they did say there is still heaps of room for camping.

Should be a good weekend away.

Latest posts

Back