Nsw Xmas Camping Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to be there?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am a bit unsure of going camping , when I asked Franko if he wanted to go camp , he got a bit broody .

I have a nasty habit of falling into thorny bushes and trees when I had a few beers .

I think it is nature getting me back for mashing all those grains .

and boiling all those hops.

Pumpy :blink:

I am a bit unsure of going camping , when I asked Franko if he wanted to go camp , he got a bit broody .

I have a nasty habit of falling into thorny bushes and trees when I had a few beers .

I think it is nature getting me back for mashing all those grains .

and boiling all those hops.

Pumpy :blink:
You could also get some gravel for the mash tun while gathering foliage :blink:

A beautiful part of NSW to be sure. I used to regularly go down to Manyana, where an ex's family had a holiday house. Surprising to discover recently my own family (an ignored Auntie) also has an onsite caravan in Lake Conjola. If I can swing the accommodation, can I join in the AHB festivities, despite not having a case to swap, nor ever meeting any of you before ?

You could also get some gravel for the mash tun while gathering foliage :blink:

My God Tas Chris you guys have some long memories luckily for me I was completely exonerated by Thirstyboy who in the attached AHB posting proved my original post way back in the dark days ,that the gravel mashtun would work and did work on thier big brew day weekend .

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=21459&hl=

Pumpy :)

My God Tas Chris you guys have some long memories luckily for me I was completely exonerated by Thirstyboy who in the attached AHB posting proved my original post way back in the dark days ,that the gravel mashtun would work and did work on thier big brew day weekend .

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=21459&hl=

Pumpy :)
Not many around any more that remember!!

Listen, don't mention the gravel mashtun! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right

Chris

A beautiful part of NSW to be sure. I used to regularly go down to Manyana, where an ex's family had a holiday house. Surprising to discover recently my own family (an ignored Auntie) also has an onsite caravan in Lake Conjola. If I can swing the accommodation, can I join in the AHB festivities, despite not having a case to swap, nor ever meeting any of you before ?

Mate, I'm sure it would be fine. The whole idea of these things is to meet like minded people and share some stories and knowledge.

Not many around any more that remember!!

Listen, don't mention the gravel mashtun! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right

Chris

Thanks Tas Chris Pumpy

carry_on_camping.jpg

camping.jpg

Im presuming you've piked out Pumpy ?

So for those attending, what part of the park should we claim ? (Fatz ??) I understand the cabins are furtherest from the beach. I think im in site 37 but the manager says can change when I get there. Will try to get there mid afternoon fri. Whats the travel time Fatz - 4 hours ?

hey pumpy ive got the dark braggot in a keg ready to go for the weekend. maybe we can take bets on how long you last.
looking forward to it peoples im somewhere near cabin 14 i think.

hey pumpy ive got the dark braggot in a keg ready to go for the weekend. maybe we can take bets on how long you last.
looking forward to it peoples im somewhere near cabin 14 i think.

Cabin 14 zeroed in. Where's the missus sleeping?

So for those attending, what part of the park should we claim ? (Fatz ??) I understand the cabins are furtherest from the beach. I think im in site 37 but the manager says can change when I get there. Will try to get there mid afternoon fri. Whats the travel time Fatz - 4 hours ?

A few of us arriving on Friday also, so we'll sort out the best base then. We'll likely be on the river / lake so those with little kids have a safe swimming/play area, All will be revealed. Trust me, I'm an accountant.

Allow 4 hours. After Kiama you will be lucky to average 70klm an hour until you pass Nowra.

If you want a scenic route, head west and down the Hume. Go through Kangaroo Valley. The time you gain on the Hume you lose in the Valley, but its a nice trip.

For the uninitiated, or those without a sat nav, you go past Jervis Bay & Sussex Inlet. Through Wandandian. When you get to Conjola Creek, you are close. But Conjola is not Lake Conjola! Next place to look for is Fishermans Paradise - on the same lake system, so close! Up a hill, you will see the lake to your left. The turnoff to Lake Conjola is well signposted. But if you hit Milton, you have gone too far!!

Weather looking okay at this stage. Should be a beauty!

we're driving down on Friday as well, bringing the wife and daughter.

Do I just say "I'm with Ian" and give the secret handshake when checking in, or just grab a site and try to find you guys later?

thanks
Bjorn

I am still keen to come but did want to bring the boat along and planed a fish with Sydney happy hour and syd03. Due to a slight push bike accident i have hurt my neck and back a bit and dont think the boat will be a good idea for me to bring along. All i can do is wait and see how i feel but still keen to come down.

so book you in for sleeping out with the dog then fatz

bit rude to call the little lady names now Barls.

Do I just say "I'm with Ian" and give the secret handshake when checking in, or just grab a site and try to find you guys later?

the latter, though likely we'll all be there about the same time. I'm aiming to be there about 3.00pm.

I am still keen to come but did want to bring the boat along and planed a fish with Sydney happy hour and syd03. Due to a slight push bike accident i have hurt my neck and back a bit and dont think the boat will be a good idea for me to bring along. All i can do is wait and see how i feel but still keen to come down.

No problem mate, if you are not up to it I am happy to fish from the bank or try and find some sand bars/flats if that is the type of lake it is. Hopefully you can get well enough to make it for a few beers though.

Cheers Jason

No problem mate, if you are not up to it I am happy to fish from the bank or try and find some sand bars/flats if that is the type of lake it is. Hopefully you can get well enough to make it for a few beers though.

Cheers Jason
Yeah I am still going to throw a rod in the car in case i feel the need to wet a line. The lake looked like good fishing last time I went past there. Lopkins get well and hopefully you will have repaired enough to drop by say G'Day and have a beer with us all.

bit rude to call the little lady names now Barls.
wasnt talking about the wife i was talking about the little fluffy im so cute monster that stole the last smoked sausage off you at my place last time.
anyway got lots of different beers to take down with me just for you might even have a fruit beer.
i also noticed that your entering a fruit beer. good on you for coming in to the enlightened age

wasnt talking about the wife i was talking about the little fluffy im so cute monster that stole the last smoked sausage off you at my place last time.
anyway got lots of different beers to take down with me just for you might even have a fruit beer.
i also noticed that your entering a fruit beer. good on you for coming in to the enlightened age
fruity_beer.jpg

yes, I've seen the light. Thank you for editing wiki to help me there.

Latest posts

Back