Topsflo TD-5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass
Reaction score
Following on from malt junkie and my comments in the Dedicated HERMS thread. We are seeking anyone who has purchased a Topsflo TF-5 brewing DC motor pump? Keen to hear the experience and thoughts on this pump as at face value it seems to be a slightly better option than Chugger and can likely be had for a bit less coin. They come with the DC power pack (Mean Well brand), heaps lighter, mounting bracket made from rubber and are a completely stainless head with a plastic impeller (I am inquiring about exactly what kind of plastic).

http://www.topsflo.com/special-pumps/td5-beer-brewing.html

s-l1600.jpg

Have looked at these a few times but haven't been able to get them for a decent price. I.E. Less than $170 US that they are on Aliexpress. I may have to look into getting at least 1 though if anyone thinks they can get them for less. Although I wouldn't need the powersupply. Bulk Buy anyone?

Have looked at these a few times but haven't been able to get them for a decent price. I.E. Less than $170 US that they are on Aliexpress. I may have to look into getting at least 1 though if anyone thinks they can get them for less. Although I wouldn't need the powersupply. Bulk Buy anyone?
BB is sort of what DJ and I have been discussing, however we don't want to have 40 of our AHB brethren chasing us with pitch forks in 6 months time. Hence the search for any current users. Failing that it maybe a sample order, that may be tested at swap against the likes of March, Chugger, and the KK grey jobbie.

Mike.

I just has my LBP die and don't want to upgrade to a 240v pump as I'm running a 3v RIMS with 2 pumps and I'm close to maxing my amps.

A 24v pump would be bloody great and with a SS head it's a thing of dreams. The mk2 pumps floating around look like they would do the job it I don't need the flow rate to recirc my mash.

I also need a new pump as my kaixin just doesn't have the flow I need to whirlpool a 130l kettle. I find the pump specs a bit confusing, are these much more powerful than the Kaixin/mkII pumps that are floating around?

DC would be a good way to sidestep the 50hz/60hz thing that means US pumps run slower here.

I also need a new pump as my kaixin just doesn't have the flow I need to whirlpool a 130l kettle. I find the pump specs a bit confusing, are these much more powerful than the Kaixin/mkII pumps that are floating around?

DC would be a good way to sidestep the 50hz/60hz thing that means US pumps run slower here.
If the small KK (kaxian) aint doing the job, there's a couple of choices, the march 815C, or the KK 65w. or go to the bigger Chugger/March options.

I was under the impression the KKmkII were the same as the Green Kaixin pumps? Will look into it.

I was under the impression the KKmkII were the same as the Green Kaixin pumps? Will look into it.
They are, but KK have a bigger model available 52LPM, 65w as opposed to 25w.

ED: checked their website, as with alot of their gear this is currently out of stock, It could be a bit of a wait.

ED: checked their website, as with alot of their gear this is currently out of stock, It could be a bit of a wait.

I'm watching this thread simply because of that fact... Good to know if there are other viable options out there.

If you have sufficient suction line(s) leading to the two pumps you will get more flow output. e.g. 1" internal diameter tubing leading to two pumps that then each have 1/2" internal diameter tubing out to the return (or tee'd back into one 3/4" internal diameter tube)

So it probably wouldnt be workable with 1/2" fittings on 2 kk kaxian pumps.

Latest posts

Back