TNQ Beer Awards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorBob

Reaction score
This year is the Inaugral TNQBA (Tropical North Queensland Beer Awards). It's being organised in conjunction with Palm Cove Tourism, and is looking like it will get quite big in the future. They are certainly aiming to make it big. They are going to run a simplified comp this year with just 6 categories (lager, pale ale, dark, English Ale, speciality, and Wheat / Rye). Next year they aim to expand the catagories.There will be a commercial comp, plus a homebrew comp. Its on 26th Oct. They have already secured quite substancial sponsorship, and it runs alongside their food & wine event, so there will be sponsored tasting tents for commercial craft beers. Its a bit late notice, but the official posters & entry forms are attached.

They are also looking for judges. They have already 5 or 6, inc some industry / press professionals. BJCP ideally, but keen and knowledgable might do!! They would like another 4 or 5. They are inviting entries from all the aussie breweries so it could be quite big!!!

Forms attached.

View attachment Email Home Brew21Sept.pdf

Wow, that's an awful lof of 'larger's there in that PDF, including the example logo!

Ugh. Is it really that hard to spell 'Lager'?

It's like there/they're/their or loose/lose. Gah.Shits me so much!

I might have to check this out. It could be the best thing to hit Cairns since Blue Sky closed the bar in town.
The Palm Cove area and the festival is fantastic.

I spoke to the organiser today, and to encourage entries this year homebrew entries are NOW FREE. All entries get a certificate, winner in each category gets a trophy.

Latest posts

Back