Three Degrees, Bar, Brewery, Brasserie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
Hey Guy's

Went to the QV centre in Melbourne for lunch with some Uni mates Wednsday gone. Seen this place called "Three Degrees bar "brewery" brasserie" a few days before and thought it looked interesting. So off we went to Three Degrees, they had a nice selection of beers, the usual fat yak, mountain goat, blue tounge etc. and some others I'd not known about. But I was very dissapointed to find out that the place isn't infact a brewery!!! Now i thought to myself I read the sign wrong I feel like an idiot asking the bartender what beers they brew here, but no, apparently when all the brewing gear was installed they put it in the wrong way round and as a result the equipment was quote "just for show" and it would "cost more to fix the problem than it did to install it all in the first place".

Now I'm no expcpert on building logistics or small industurial scale brewing, my so called brewery consists of a stove, an esky, an old keg with the top cut off and a plastic fermenter. But how f**king stupid do you have to be to put a brewery in the wrong way round??? I mean seriously, considering the people putting it in where most likely professionals, do you reckon they got half way through and realised their mistake or went to brew beer and said "hey somethings not right here"?

I would recomend the place for a drink or two but the food wasn't all that great and not easy on the pocket either, I ordered kangaroo with mashed spuds, it was almost like a thick soup and the roo was cooked to the shithouse and i got more beetroot than I did kangaroo, a mate of mine ordered a hamburger with fries and I kid you not the ammount of salad on the burger was shocking and he got probably the same ammount of chips you would get from a happy meal, all of this cost him $17.

Anyway, just thought id share this and suggest if you want to go to Three Degrees, Go to the James Squire Brewhouse on Russel St instead.

Cheers for reading

Aaron

Latest posts

Back