The Schwartz Brewery All Grain Home Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am goimg to try and get there on Saturday. Who else is going along?

Kabooby :)

I hope to be there if can get over a cold (I am becoming rasher each day).

Will judging notes be provided?

edit: if not, can the stewards please tell me by what degree the judges noses screwed up over my entries! :icon_vomit:

:icon_offtopic: Does the Mac have a new brewer? I might pop in there for a while Friday night on my way out so I want to make sure they're still producing a good drop (I wouldnt bother going there just to drink megaswill)

Yes. Andrew Moore, who has worked there for some time, and is the genius behind the Diggers Salute, is now running the brewery:

Andrew Moore is stepping up to head the brewery at Schwartz, and therefore takes Sam's place on the judging panel.

Just bumping the thread along to remind anyone who has a bottle or two that entries are open until tomorrow.

Also, if you're in town on Sat, start with a beer at the Macquarie! $3 schooners of Schwartz beers in the judging room, if I heard Andrew correctly. :)

Also, there will be some credits on the video game in the brewery bar after the judging. And I'll take on anyone brave enough to try their luck at a game of pool :D

I'm really looking forward to this Saturday, especially the 25 worders describing the beers. Should be a fun comp!

Barry, hope you're feeling better soon!

Will judging notes be provided?

edit: if not, can the stewards please tell me by what degree the judges noses screwed up over my entries! :icon_vomit:

Yes, judging sheets and scores will be provided to all entrants. If you're there on the day, you'll get them on the spot. Instant feedback!

Yes, judging sheets and scores will be provided to all entrants. If you're there on the day, you'll get them on the spot. Instant feedback!
Sorry mate, can't make it on the day. I should be there tomorrow for a liquid lunch though.

looks like there is 3 of us going :party:

kabooby ;)

Ill be there to see what is going on

damn cityrail, not running a single train between Newcastle and Central over the long weekend

looks like ill be driving at this stage....
not happy Jan.

I know.... something I will have to consider.

working for a bus company, it could be a bit hit and miss getting one, and getting there on time

Driving might be the more reliable option..
Ill think about it though.

Is driving to Ettalong and jumping on the ferry to Palm Beach then an Express Bus an option ?
Ferry details.

Doc

yep that is also an option that i can look into.

thanks

The one weekend I was hoping for a washout and there's not a cloud in the sky. Looks like I won't be attending.

Just sent my entry by courier attention Andrew Moore, I hope it gets to the right part of the pub :icon_cheers:

Back