The Schwartz Brewery All Grain Home Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
The Schwartz Brewery and the Macquarie Hotel proudly present The Inaugural Schwartz Brewery Home Brewing Competition.

Theme: Winter Warmers.

The theme of the competition is to brew a Winter Warmer between 4% and 7% alcohol by volume. The beer can be of any style, recognised or otherwise, that impresses judges’ palates. Each entrant may provide a description of the beer, comprising of no more than 25 words which will be read to the judges and observers by the stewards and may be taken into account in judging the appeal of the beer. Entries should be in glass bottles between 600ml and 1 litre only, please.

Judging will be by a panel of professional brewers chosen by the Head Judge, the Schwartz Brewery's Sam Fss. Feedback on all entries should be top notch. The list of judges will be announced closer to the judging.

Entries close at 4pm or the last mail received on Friday 5th of June, 2009

All entrants and members of the public are cordially invited to attend the judging, which will be held in the first floor function room of the Macquarie Hotel on June 6 from 12 Midday, where a selection of Schwartz beers will be available at discounted prices.

Please see the attached document for all details and entry form.

Best of luck,

Rob
Competition Organiser.

View attachment Schwartz_Brewery_Homebrew_Competition_2009.pdf

What a cool comp!
Good luck & I hope its a big hit

That is a good comp. Nice idea - no style just a type of beer. :super:

Looking forward to brewing on their system. :lol:

And what a great idea that you can get your results on the day. A good reason to get another fridgemate for the fermenting fridge from Ross, and then entering his giveaway as well.

What a cool comp!
Good luck & I hope its a big hit

I hope it's a big hit as well. It's good to see another Craft Brewer reaching out to the homebrewing fraternity like this. Forging the bonds between the pros and the keen amateurs.

Get to it brewers. It's a chance to brew your recipe on commercial gear!

That does some like a pretty damn cool competition.

Wonder if the judges like sour beers :lol:

Damn, both of my "Winter warmers" are 8% and 10% :eek: , guess I better send one of my "Normal" beers instead :lol:

Andrew

That does some like a pretty damn cool competition.

Wonder if the judges like sour beers :lol:

This might be one of those rules that can be altered at any time :)

The winning recipe may require some tweaking by Schwartz, for reasons of sanitation, ingredient availability, etc...

I think this will be the first competition I enter, looking forward to it!

Now to choose a beer...

Can I enter more than one? :p

Now to choose a beer...

June is kind of hot over here plus the shipping would kill me.

Who wants a good recipe? No posts for the recipe on here. Just send me a note with a good story or some reason why you want to look at it. In 2 days I will pick someone to get the recipe. If all the stories are good maybe you will all get it. No guarantees on the recipe and it may be one you can not get all the ingredients there. It got good complements (they asked for the recipe) by at least one person in our brew club.

No reward for me unless I get rich and can come for a visit some day then you would owe me a dinner if you win.

PoMo,

I checked the file you sent. I initially opened it with PDF Complete which asked for a password.
Opening it with Adobe Acrobat reader was the way to go, it works that way

Cheers

Josh

Now to choose a beer...

There would be no limit on entries.... brew till your heard is content

PoMo,

I checked the file you sent. I initially opened it with PDF Complete which asked for a password.
Opening it with Adobe Acrobat reader was the way to go, it works that way

Cheers

Josh

Yeah, the attachment is fine if you don't go trying to edit it. :p

Great idea for a comp.
I've been meaning to brew my first AG Bock, and this seems as good as an excuse as any!

Well done Po Mo its even in the Competition Calender .

That Comp calender was a good idea

Pumpy ;)

Whatdoyoureckon Bindi, chuck in a few saison stouts?? B) .

Latest posts

Back