The Schwartz Brewery All Grain Home Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice idea for a comp - I have a few I might enter

A nice old ale / Barleywine thats been gathering age for a year or two
A Munich Dunkel that is next on my schedule

and (the one I really want to enter) an experimental beer I have hit upon in the last few days - I like it, but it'll be a love/hate thing for any tasters.

Sounds like a good excuse to truck up to Sydney for a weekend and celebrate (or maybe miserate) the completion of study for the year. Exam on the 2nd.

Oh man, this gives me the drive to get my next AG cranking!
Now, what to brew what to brew... :unsure:

Spewing the limit's 7%... my saison was just under 8%!

i wish this closed a bit later!

I want to do one of me recipes, but cant until the about the 20th. Doesn't leave enough time for a ferment, condition and then carb in the bottle!!

Not disappointed but kind of surprised no one took me up on the recipe offer.

I guess I will keep it for a comp I can enter. It may have not been transferable to your available ingredients anyway. It definitely was a winter warmer more suited to drinking while watching it snow. Close you come to that is when the bush fires are going and ash is falling but then it is hot as Hades so I guess not the same thing.

Kind of like we all wonder what kind of songs you all sing at Christmas time. Frosty The Snow Man and Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire as well as all the other wintry songs just dont seem to fit your Christmas Summer weather.

Not disappointed but kind of surprised no one took me up on the recipe offer.

I guess I will keep it for a comp I can enter. It may have not been transferable to your available ingredients anyway. It definitely was a winter warmer more suited to drinking while watching it snow. Close you come to that is when the bush fires are going and ash is falling but then it is hot as Hades so I guess not the same thing.

Kind of like we all wonder what kind of songs you all sing at Christmas time. Frosty The Snow Man and Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire as well as all the other wintry songs just dont seem to fit your Christmas Summer weather.
We do have a version of Jingle Bells, starting something like "riding through the bush, in a rusty holden ute".

Just a bump to remind everyone that less than 4 weeks until this comp's close is left.

There will also be a change to the judging. Hope to confirm the whole judging panel (and give reasons for the change) later this week.

All else remains as per the original post, tho.

PoMo

In the original PDF, I could not see how many bottles we had to provide for each entry.

Do you want 1x750ml bottle, or do you require doubles?

Cheers
Josh

Got my American Brown fermenting away for this comp, doing a "lite" version of a Dark Belgian Ale next week hopefully it will be ready in time

PoMo

In the original PDF, I could not see how many bottles we had to provide for each entry.

Do you want 1x750ml bottle, or do you require doubles?

Cheers
Josh

Just the one, Josh. There won't be a BOS round, as there are no styles ;)

EDIT: but if you want to send in more than one bottle, I'm sure the stewards won't complain!

Hello Brewers!

I am announcing something with mixed emotions. Sad to say that Sam is moving on to a new brewery in Melbourne, so she will no longer be on the judging panel for this comp. I am very happy for Sam, as I am sure she will find new challenges at her new place (I'll let Sam announce her new job in its own thread) and show you Melbournians what you have been missing out on from her great brewing at the Schwartz Brewery.

The good news is that the judging panel has been announced!!!

Andrew Moore is stepping up to head the brewery at Schwartz, and therefore takes Sam's place on the judging panel.

The judging panel members are:

Andrew Moore (Schwartz Brewery)
Richard Adamson (Barons Brewing)
Damon Nott (Lord Nelson Brewery)

And there will be a 4th **Mystery Judge** who will be announced on the day.

And remember folks, live judging in the upstairs function room at the Macquarie Hotel on the 6th of June from 12 Midday, with a selection of Schwartz beers at Happy Hour prices and great food available from 11:30am at Alice's Thai and Continental Restaurant right next to the judging room. Come and watch the judging, see the judges taste, have a chat with the judges between rounds, taste the medal winning Schwartz beers at discount prices, and best of all, take the chance to celebrate instantly if you win the grand prize or a runners-up certificate.

Get those entries in! Only 4 weeks to go!

Bottling my winning entry :D this week.
Congrats to Sam, and all the best at the new brewery.

QUOTE (Pumpy @ Apr 3 2009, 06:43 AM)
Well done Po Mo its even in the Competition Calender .

That Comp calender was a good idea

Pumpy

QUOTE (Doc @ Apr 3 2009, 06:50 AM)
Yes it was, and an even better one to make it happen

QUOTE (PostModern @ Apr 3 2009, 08:52 AM)
Yeah, we're all pretty good

EDIT, just a BUMP for the evening peanut gallery.

'Team work' thanks guys .

Pumpy

--------------------

Actually, from memory it was my idea. See the origional post from Pumpy with my suggestion.

sorry, just correcting the revisionists....

BOG

Dropped my entries in today. Was hard not to have a beer on the way out, but I need some AFD's
Good luck to all!

:icon_offtopic: Does the Mac have a new brewer? I might pop in there for a while Friday night on my way out so I want to make sure they're still producing a good drop (I wouldnt bother going there just to drink megaswill)

Hey PoMo - Sam has moved on... no one will ever know. Can I enter now????

Only kidding, nothing to enter even if I could

Back