The Schwartz Brewery All Grain Home Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those coming to the judging, I have late breaking news that a secret stash (the last keg???) of Barons Hopmother has been unearthed by Richard and will be on tap in the judging room alongside three Schwartz beers.

For those coming to the judging, I have late breaking news that a secret stash (the last keg???) of Barons Hopmother has been unearthed by Richard and will be on tap in the judging room alongside three Schwartz beers.

What a brilliant time to have a head cold. :p
See you there,
Wadey

Entries have now officially closed (but if your beer is in transit by courier or whatever, it will still be accepted, we might even let you enter before 12 tomorrow if you're excuse is good enough ;)). I hear from the brewery that there are a large number of beers entered. I'll announce the exact number tomorrow, once we've counted and collated them all.

I'd like to thank all the entrants for your support of the comp. We received more beers than we anticipated, so it's a good thing we have 4 seasoned livers on the judging bench!

Results will be announced tomorrow afternoon at the judging. I'll be thanking the judges and stewards afterwards :icon_cheers: so the winner and runners up will be posted here Sunday morning, at best ;)

Cheers,

Rob
Comp Organiser.

Wooohoooo.
Looking forward to it.
Bring on Saturday morning.
My liver is primed and ready for some stewarding action.

See you tomorrow Pumpy. Come on you know you want to :p

DR

Wooohoooo.
Looking forward to it.
Bring on Saturday morning.
My liver is primed and ready for some stewarding action.

Exactly. I'm training for the stewarding by pouring myself a few beers tonight. :icon_drunk:

And come along Pumpy. What have you got to do that could be better than the Macquarie comp? :party:

46 entries and a keg of Hop Mother (which i freakin brewed with Rich)

I hope, a) youse stewards are good at massages and B) able to ro-sham-bo me at the bar c) like a cuddle. I am a tough opponent!

Scotty

Sounds like a great day in the making.

See everyone tomorrow and thanks to the Mac for putting this on.

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Was at the Macca for lunch today and a few refreshing ales.
Will be a top day tomorrow.
I hope all entrants got creative with their beer names and descriptions. I know I did :p

See you all tomorrow.

Doc

Hey Doc, I hear you put in 5 entries ... any hints?? :party:

Scotty

Hey Doc, I hear you put in 5 entries ... any hints?? :party:

Yep, memorise Urban Dictionary and get your dictionary out if you aren't overtly articulate :p

Doc

Have a good one guys, bit jealous here. Make sure you get some photos but proberly not photos of people cuddling scotty :unsure: unless there the winner I guess. :icon_cheers:

Have a good one guys, bit jealous here. Make sure you get some photos but proberly not photos of people cuddling scotty :unsure: unless there the winner I guess. :icon_cheers:

I'll have my SLR there. Will be taking as many pics as I can squeeze in between MC'ing. Never seen a live judging with members of the public present before, so running one will be... interesting. Hence the 25 word element of the entries. Something to keep the punters busy while the judges do all their "hard work".

Just to keep things interesting, here's Scotty giving Barry's nipple a tweak at the IBU's last Real Ale Fest
PIC4.jpg

Sorry to say that you didn't win, Pete. Can't really remember your score but I think you done good. :icon_cheers:

But big congrats to our very own Doc for winning the comp. :party: :beer: :super:

Sorry to say that you didn't win, Pete. Can't really remember your score but I think you done good. :icon_cheers:

But big congrats to our very own Doc for winning the comp. :party: :beer: :super:
Actually got his text 30min ago, but thought I'd let those involved break the news.
Many congrats to Doc, he deserves it!
Had a taste of the winning entry the other night, and it will go down well with everyone!!!!

Grrr. Still kicking myself for not entering...bit too slow!
But good to hear about the enthusiasm of the entrants.

Ps...trust Doc to win something! ;)

What a great day.

Tops go to Rob and Andrew for the idea and the effort. Most excellent beers, most excellent company, most excellent result.

But, as one who has been around such traps, I have to say a great thanks to DOC and Stuart for their organizational skills. Made me feel rather redundant (again ... 3rd time in 24 months.... dang). Both managed the beers and the serving with aplomb. I thought i knew organization in a comp until I saw these guys in the engine room. First the Macca, next the Aussie Hotel Awards, then the world. We are going Pro Comp, in a Bass Fishing, Memphis BBQ sort of way!

Scotty

Back