The Greatest Beer Of All Time!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is funny cos I know a lot of poofs who could drink a lot of people under the table.

Sounds like the mob of ferals I used to live next door to in Redcliffe. They were flannelette tradesmen (you know the type, not the handsome clean cut King Gee clad tradesmen with late model utes fitted with stainless steel tool boxes etc, these were the ugly ones in rusty utes, flannelette, beards, and every second word started with f or c).

They would gather in the front yard next door at knocking off time every day with a slab of XXXX Gold. Totally brainwashed by the TV advertising they would quaff a few of dem 3.5% Goldies and would soon be rolling around shrieking and yahooing and yelling "go goldies, go goldies" and would then proceed to urinate on the walls of the house whatever. Totally pathetic.

XXXX Gold - for people who like the idea of beer drinking but can't actually drink beer.

Taste is a personal thing...

but I've never gone past Piraat, a Belgian ale. from aroma, first taste, mouth feel, pungency and thru to aftertaste....

Sounds like the mob of ferals I used to live next door to in Redcliffe. They were flannelette tradesmen (you know the type, not the handsome clean cut King Gee clad tradesmen with late model utes fitted with stainless steel tool boxes etc, these were the ugly ones in rusty utes, flannelette, beards, and every second word started with f or c).

They would gather in the front yard next door at knocking off time every day with a slab of XXXX Gold. Totally brainwashed by the TV advertising they would quaff a few of dem 3.5% Goldies and would soon be rolling around shrieking and yahooing and yelling "go goldies, go goldies" and would then proceed to urinate on the walls of the house whatever. Totally pathetic.

XXXX Gold - for people who like the idea of beer drinking but can't actually drink beer.

Whats pathetic about it? Really. Read the case swap`s. Craftbrewers, homebrewers shriek and yahoo as well.
A generation or 2 supports xxxx gold, why not, its better than the shit they brew down here in Victoria at CUB. At 3.5% is it better than a Coopers Mild better still than a Southern Brown gone wrong?.
If you have a thing for clean cut King Gee, stainless steel boxes yada yada. Thats pathetic!
Handsome Haysie :wub:

Except I wasn't massively serious. We could spend the next six months discussing which bit of Lancashire the horse that drove the dray to the brewery in 1817 used to graze in but I thought we could talk about something else.

Have a go at someone else sweetcheeks.

Shortest post ever brother? Lost for words? Sling but cant carry.

Diddums not get invited to a casey wasey swoppy woppy.

Actually at the last swap I was urinating on trees, not houses. Point of the post is that these morons were doing it on mid strength.

Yup King Gee. mmmmmm

king_gee.jpg

I'm sorry Haysie but I have trouble deciphering what you're trying to say.

I figure you're probably trying to be rude but I'm not sure.

Whats pathetic about it? Really. Read the case swap`s. Craftbrewers, homebrewers shriek and yahoo as well.

The case swaps are usually for one night of the year. Whereas the flouros that I used to live next to did it all day, every day, every week, every month, every year. Until it came to blows. The scum moved out.
Cheers
Steve

P.S. Oh and why does Lancashire keep getting dragged into it? :lol:

Diddums not get invited to a casey wasey swoppy woppy.

Actually at the last swap I was urinating on trees, not houses. Point of the post is that these morons were doing it on mid strength.

Yup King Gee. mmmmmm

View attachment 33545

Whatever BribieG, IF I CALLED YOU A DICKHEAD and your post was totally inappropriate you would agree. WTF has mid stength got to do with the thread let alone your pissing on houses fantasy.
Your a weirdo .

Whatever BribieG, IF I CALLED YOU A DICKHEAD and your post was totally inappropriate you would agree. WTF has mid stength got to do with the thread let alone your pissing on houses fantasy.
Your a weirdo .
Haysie, you probably don't recall doing so whilst pissed but on several occasions you have already PM'd me with a simple message:

"Cockhead"

I haven't reported this to the mods because I really do feel for you. And as for weirdo, mate I'm from Yorkshire and we have a saying "All the World seems queer save thee and me and sometimes even thee's a little queer" :lol:

My family:

yorkie_orgy.jpg

i keep brewing but i keep buying kooinda its an amazing drop

Pffft... i'm not too ashamed to admit I've shared, and enjoyed, a XXXX Gold with my brother on a hot day at his place after a bit of toil..... Sometimes appreciating a beer is more than being about body and flavour blah blah blah... ;)

I think the point was more about lower strength beers being seen by some as tougher or more masculine than other poofy type things.

I've enjoyed almost every supposed Aus swill beer under the sun in the right context. Exceptions to those are the marketting gimmicks on said swill beers but the basics* - xxx carlton draught, melbourne bitter etc had and will again have a place in my pint glass or jug.

*Except tooheys red. Foul.

Yeah my bad... I just get a little irked at the 'I brew AG, therefore I may lookdown upon thee' mentality sometimes... we all drank it and enjoyed it at some point... Like my dear old Grandmother said; Close your mind and you'll miss out on the world, son...

I agree. Beer snobbery is as annoying as the close minded approach of "beer is pale lager brewed by CUB and eveything else is toff tosser rubbish".

Beer is good because it covers everything from working man's refresher to snob's pretension. It's good because it's gutsy, because it's been brewed by monks, farmers and peasants for thousands of years and yet it beats every other beverage for diversity and complexity.

we all drank it and enjoyed it at some point...

Not me. I thought I didn't like beer until I discovered homebrew (via ginger beer) and then moved on to craft/micro beers.

Australian swill is pretty awful stuff. I don't care what conditioning anyone might have to justify drinking it. It is awful.

Anyways, to get back on topic...

I only just thought about this, but right up there with my previous suggestion of Rochefort 8, I'd almost have to add the Innis & Gunn Original... man what a beer! If I brewed a clone that even held a candle to this I'd be a haoppy dude let me tell you...

Back