The Greatest Beer Of All Time!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this link, I needed a good laff this morning. But seriously, there is only one answer to the OP question and I must quote a man who has drunk more beer than anyone else I know (him being my Dad)
"There is no such thing as a bad beer, just some are better than others".

Where are all the QLD'ers XXXX Bitter the best all time :icon_drool2:

QldKev

Have to be Hoegaarden and Grand Cru... Hens Tooth is another fave.

good to see there's 2 or 3 who drink aussie beer !
Here in Adelaide we have Southwark Old Stout :icon_drool2:
made seasonally, fuggin marvellous stuff that,
you could put it on your wheat bix for increased nutrition.
It's about 8% so you best alternate with something
a little watery, like Coo de Sparkling Ale [351 beer] :beerbang:

For me it'd have to be a pint of Boddingtons served from The Bath Hotel, Morecambe, Lancashire. Im talking back in the 80's. Not the crap its turned into now. I even bloody dreamt about having a pint last night and even though it was a dream the taste was spot on. Strange thing is though I had to share my pint with some unknown fellow beer lovers. Weird. I wasnt too happy.
Cheers
Steve

I'd give the gong to Pilsner Urquell.

It's the beer that changed the world (well that's a bit dramatic) from Ale drinkers into Lager drinkers. Although the world is full of fascinating and complex beers, not to mention a few challenging ones, Urquell is a beer that I keep coming back to.

MHB

+1 to that! Great hop aroma, easy drinking and readily available. Tastes great at the brewery in Plzen from the oak barrel.

Where are all the QLD'ers XXXX Bitter the best all time :icon_drool2:

QldKev

May not be the best in the world but the icy cold longneck of XXXX Bitter I had in my mate's swimming pool on that steaming hot/humid Monday after Sqyre's show was beautiful.

The best beer is always the next beer.

Mmmmmmm.

leffe.jpg

Best beer in the world? - the next one!

But if I had a choice it'd be Westmalle Tripel hands down.

May not be the best in the world but the icy cold longneck of XXXX Bitter I had in my mate's swimming pool on that steaming hot/humid Monday after Sqyre's show was beautiful.

Pool beers are always awesome hey?

International.... Wow, what a world to pick from. Hard to nail to one beer alone, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd say Rochefort 8

This is also my favourite beer if I had to name one, but of course I would rather make my own.

Don't know why I did either. I will now call myself dumb.

Hobgoblin (dark ale)

Dark Ale?? Try Special Bitter.

The best beer would have to be Fuller's London Porter, but only the cask version. The bottle and nitrokeg versions are ordinary in comparison. Taylors Landlord is up there, but only in pubs that condition it correctly, don't use a sparkler and only on cask. Bottled Landlord is rubbish.

I thought it was an Old Ale?

Best Beer Ever?
Thats a totally situational thing IMO- best Ale in the world falls short if all you want is a lawnmower quaffer coz its 50C in the shade eh?

My top beers ever:
1) Ice cold Heineken on the banks of the Grand Canal in Venice (accompanied by genuine Maguerita Pizza)
2) Amstel on tap on the ferry trip down the adriatic
3) Mythos (Greek stuff) while recovering from the heat in Epidavros

For a while I've considered to Guinness to be somewhat overhyped- thin, one dimensional in flavour and relying on the nitrogen to give it body and texture.

maybe the LCPA of 3 or 4 years ago...

its gone downhill IMO...

When a good beer is not a good beer

Weihenstephaner Korbinian - A very nice doppelbock, but I found this in a supermarket in Koh Samui. Try drinking it in the sweltering humidity. Yes, a VERY nice beer, but the Singha's went down better!
P1060746_1_1.JPG

Latest posts

Back