The Greatest Beer Of All Time!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite is Samuel Smith Brewery's Famous Taddy Porter. How good? SO GOOD. I do love Little Creatures Bright Ale and James Squire Golden Ale too.

holgates nut brown is hard to beat froma vic micro :icon_chickcheers:

Can you send me the link, can't find it when entering the words in the search engine

I have to see this job description...

Bowie

Sorry, I gave the wrong site. It was careerfaqs.com.au. Didn't look at the link, just read the precis on Google rather than the link itself. Turns out it is pretty boring stuff. The link on the page may be more informative, dunno.

http://www.careerfaqs.com.au/atoz/51/Beer-Sommelier

[EDIT: added quote]

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for me. I've only had a six pack but all the hype i read about this beer on the forums i had to try it, and it delivered! Looking for some now.

Toucan Stout. I can't believe in 1.5 pages no one's mentioned it.

I'd say anything by Green Flash in San Diego. In Australia I'd say Alpha. I had a brew in Belgium or the Netherlands called Witkap Pater that was very good. But I agree with the majority, I probably haven't tasted the best beer in the world ... yet.

The best beer in the world... well, I doubt I have tasted enough to give a definitive answer, however I would wager that it's nigh on impossible.

Beard and Brau's Bon Chiens blew me away on Sunday, though. I bought the beer, and a shirt!

Beer sommelier. Not being a smartarse. I googled it. Even listed as a job on careers.com.au

I'm not actually a Urquell fan but that last pic is pretty friggen cool Josh.

Nowadays in the US the job description is Cicerone. But our very own Beersom on AHB was the youngest and very first Beer Sommelier in Australia.

Cheers,

Screwy

well i cant say i tried alot as just starting to brew and only bought 6 import beers in my life :wacko: but i do like bitburger lol think its german or something. been looking for a recipe but havnt found one lol aint got into dark beers yet but as i age my tastes are changing so might go into that soon haha

OK. I've drunk a helluva lot of beer - all over the world. Your Siera Nevadas, your Rogue, NogneO, Mikkeller, LCPA, Wychwood Hobgoblin, Timothy Taylor's blah blah, Etc Etc. ......

By far , the only beer that has made me stop and go "wow OMFG!!!" every time I've drunk it is Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen. You only have to go to the German Club in the Gabba to get it and you got heaven in a bottle. Tastes good with pork knuckle, too.

- Snow.

That is an amazing beer. One of the few amazing beers that I've been unsure if I could follow it with another but memorable and definitely to be tried again.

I say that as someone who could happily drink four chimays or westmalles or even faro lambics in a row so I'm not afraid of richness. That beer is something else though.

Possibly Rochefort 10 would be up there with it too - need to try both again soon.

For me it would be BrewDog's Tokyo, Murray's 2IPA, Wychwood's Fidlers Elbow, Cantillon Gueze, Chimay Dubbel, Rogue's Hazelnut Brown. I know some of these are not the best beers in the world, but they are beers that stand out for me that I have had over the past year. I'm sure it will be a different list this time next year, or even next week.

for me its redhill's scotch ale dont know why it just is.

I brew somthing close but not at strong.

Ironhouse Pale Ale from White Sands would have to be my favourite. Tried many international offerings and enjoyed many of them but Michael Briggs Pale Ale is a winner.

:chug:

[quote name='O'Henry' post='561252' date='Dec 1 2009, 12:42 AM']For me it would be BrewDog's Tokyo, Murray's 2IPA, Wychwood's Fidlers Elbow, Cantillon Gueze, Chimay Dubbel, Rogue's Hazelnut Brown.....[/quote]

Nice one O'Henry... Fiddlers Elbow was my bottled ale of choice whilst residing in UK - +1 Murray's 2IPA

i thought i would be able to answer this one easily but after returning home from a fortnight in the UK, who knows. so many worldwide beers at such low prices!

by category (this will prob change next week!):

easy quaffing beer - wychwood circlemaster
wheat - weihenstephan hefe
bitter - acorn brewery's barnsley bitter
english dark ale - adnams broadside
english pale - timothy taylors landlord
american pale - SNPA
IPA - Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA
Stout - fresh Guinness

the list goes on....

Tooheys New/Draught

Nowhere does it say it has to be the nicest/tastiest