The Greatest Album Of 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops didnt relise the 10 thousand album was sept 2005

also i forgot too The Iron Miaden Album A matter of life and death and Bullet for my valintine album poision if it was realsed in 2006

I put another vote in for Tool -10,000 days.

Jeez it been hard seeing them live twice the past 2 days... Should go pretty well in the hottest 100 today I would think.

tool-10000-days.jpg

Count me in as well,I'm off to see em on Friday Feb 2nd @ Adelaide BDO

Whatever People Say I am, Thats What I'm Not.
- Artic Monkeys -

Or maybe...

Crimson
- Alkaline Trio -

Reece

Ok, not a band that has brought anything out this year, although they did come out to Oz for the first time ever in their 15 year or so history...Clutch, dang good beer drinkin music. The album, and somg Pure Rock Fury was like a friggin revelation last year for me. Listened to it waaaaayyyy too many times in a short period

Ok, not a band that has brought anything out this year, although they did come out to Oz for the first time ever in their 15 year or so history...Clutch, dang good beer drinkin music. The album, and somg Pure Rock Fury was like a friggin revelation last year for me. Listened to it waaaaayyyy too many times in a short period

Another vote for Clutch here.

same as every year,..fleetwood mac,rumours....cheers...spog..

The Grates - Gravity won't get you high.
Saw 'em at the BDO in 2006, and was inspired to buy the album. Energetic and refeshing with a poppy catchiness.

Similarly for the 2007 BDO, with Trivium.

Also, for 2006: Frenzal Rhomb - Forever Malcolm Young. The song titles are great especially #3 about Johnny Ramone,
and Butterfingers - The Deeper you Dig. 2006 - the year of Oz hip-hop.

Beerz
Seth :p

Tool 10,000 Days originally had my vote, but Saosin has been in my ears more often.
Loud guitar driven rock... fantastic :super:

Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison is my pic, lyrics alittle emo (hit the floor ftw) but fkn orsm all the same. (Feb 06 Jazman)

Trivium - The Crusade was fair good.
I believe I will never see any group of humans react simultaneously the same way as before they played in Syd BDO 07....

for those that weren't there, lend me ur ears..

There are 2 stages side by side, 1 band can set up on one, while the other plays there stuff. Being Big Day Out theres variety and a metal band called Trivium are tuning guitars behind the stage and psyching up and drinking beers as all good metal bands do pre-concert. On the stage beside them is a pop rock band playing to a bunch of girls sitting on the grass clapping hands or something..

The tension in the fully formed mosh pit and crowd is hair raising, everyone is here to jump to this band, Tool is secondary.. every now and then a guitar is played and TRIV-EE-UM.. TRIV-EE-UM.. TRIV-EE-UM.. is yelled drowning said pop rocker out on the next stage.

Mr. Pop Rocker finishes and Trivium fans hit the roof with excitement! It's ON BIATCHES! but wait... "Hey guys, I haven't finished yet, got another song left..."

In a crowd of maybe 300 people and an 80 person mosh, @ least 50 people SIMULTANEOUSLY raise their middle fingers and chant "**** OFF".

It was so perfect it seemed rehearsed?! Poor dude got harshed so badly he played his song and left the stage without thanking his fans (Douche Bag comes to mind).

Thought I would share that as a highlight in a metal lovers life

Latest posts

Back