Anawbs 2006 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
The results from the 2006 Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show are now out, and online on the ANAWBS web site. ANAWBS 2006 Full Results

Special congratulatins are due to a few AHB brewers who won major prizes, namely:

Mudsta - Most Successful Brewer of Show

Barry - Best Beer of Show

Ash in Perth - Mash Paddle winner.

As I say, the full results are on line - but here is a summary of the place getters in the beer comp:

AG1 Mash Paddle
1 Ashley Hazell WA
2 Justin Murdock SA
3 Kai Dambergs SA

KIT1 Aussie Lager
1 Flying Pig Group SA
2 Luke Mason NSW
3 Flying Pig Group SA

AUS1 Aussie Dark / Old
1 Tim Harris SA
2 Luke Mason NSW
3 Michael Meissner NSW

AUS2 Aussie Sparkling
1 John Kennedy QLD
2 Stephen Wharton QLD
3 Ken Wieden QLD

EUR1 Oktoberfest Vienna Marzen
1 Lincoln Tuffin WA
2 Geoff Battye QLD
3 Steve Court SA

EUR2 Altbier
1 Ross Kenrick QLD
2 Peter Winch SA
3 Berndt Wulf SA

EUR3 Czech Pilsner
1 Michael Mowbray QLD
2 Sam Hamlyn SA
3 Berndt Wulf SA

EUR4 Belgian Tripel
1 Barry Cranston NSW
2 John Kennedy QLD
3 Scott Simpson NSW

EUR5 Wheat
1 Stuart Campbell SA
2 Berndt Wulf SA
3 Justin Murdock SA

EUR6 Bock / Doppelbock
1 Mark Rasheed SA
2 Sam Hamlyn SA
3 Ian Walker WA

UK1 English Pale Ale
1 Justin Murdock SA
2 Geoffrey Bryant VIC
3 Jarrad Salmon NSW

UK2 Scottish 80/-
1 Brett Spunner NSW
2 Barry Cranston NSW
3 Mark Rasheed SA

UK3 Classic Dry Stout
1 Ken Wieden QLD
2 Stuart Campbell SA
3 Justin Murdock SA

UK4 English Mild
1 Ross Kenrick QLD
2 Simon Barrett WA
3 Ciro Romano NSW

UK5 India Pale Ale
1 Luke Mason NSW
2 Michael Meissner NSW
3 Adam Beauchamp SA

USA1 American Pale Ale
1 Kai Dambergs SA
2 Berndt Wulf SA
3 Peter Shea NSW

USA2 American Brown Ale
1 Tim Harris SA
2 Ross Kenrick QLD
3 Kai Dambergs SA

As an organiser, it is great to see such a spread of winners from different states :) .

As an AHBer it is great to see so many familiar names on the list :super: .

Congratualtions to all the winners, and grateful thanks to all who entered.

Watch this space over the next couple of weeks for important announcements on new styles for next year, and details of the 2007 Mash Paddle.

It has been a long day. I am going to have one more cleansing beer, then off to bed for a much needed rest.

Congratulations guys :beer: there are plenty of familiar names there :super:

Excellent work from all members of B.A.B.B's. 5 Class wins, great work.

Cheers

Paul

Congrats to Ash on the Mash Paddle win, and to all other brewers, and for our state congrats to Ross and Batz and all other QLD placegetters.

Well done to all the place getters and especially to the AHB members, looks like it was a strong competition so you should all be very proud. Congratulations to the Committee for such a fast turn around on the results and a well run comp.

cheers
Andrew

Congratz to all the winners. Canot wait for the AHB winning members to share their recipes so we can all learn from them.

Cheers! :beer:

Woo Hoo !!!

Thanks Vlad - did pretty well yourself, well done ! And Simon with a second - thanks for the phone call.

Great work Ash, you've pulled off the big'n. racking em up! (Does that make a brew day compulsory ?)

Well done to all the AHB guys on the list

TOP WORK GOOD EFFORT :beer: :chug: :super:

The results from the 2006 Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show are now out, and online on the ANAWBS web site. ANAWBS 2006 Full Results

Special congratulatins are due to a few AHB brewers who won major prizes, namely:

Barry - Best Beer of Show

As one of the lucky stewards who got to taste this (Belgian)on the Friday, Well Done Barry, Awsome beer!

Geez,
I didnt even make the grade or mention in the label competition
Wonder what happend to my entries
Better luck nextime
Franko

I'd like to echo stu on how good it is to see such a nationwide spread on the results, indicative that ANAWBS truly is a nationwide competition. I'm also impressed at the quality in the mash paddle, I seem to remember one of the judges putting smilie faces on at least a few of the judging sheets.

Oh yes, and nothing short of a stellar effort on mudsta's part. Between the beer, the wines and the cider he was up and down like a jack-in-the-box.

Geez,
I didnt even make the grade or mention in the label competition
Better luck nextime
Franko

That's really strange, Franko. :huh: Did they get lost on the way? You should at least get a score. (and a good one IMO).

Well done to all the AHB winners. :super: :chug:

Apparently the judges ruled me ineligible on the technical point that I did not submit beers or that the labels did not relate to my beers
Go figure

Franko

To be honest I'm not impressed with the Anawabs and their decision to display Franko's labels but not judge them......smells fishy.

Oh well Frank, you would have won anyway. Perhaps it's label envy.

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about this and whether you think it's necessary to enter a beer, just to have your artwork judged?

I'd like to see a label competition for the NSW State Titles next year, to be judged separately from the beer for a particular beer style (to make it fair). Please post and let me know what you think about this.

I've just checked out the Anawbs site and couldn't see in the conditions of entry, registration or label entry forms anything about labels needing to be submitted together with a beer entry.

Therefore I'd like to call on the Anawbs to relist the label competiton as a seperate entity, allowing free entry of all labels due to this error. Franko's labels were, according to the terms of entry eligible to be judged alongside all of the others.

OMG - it just gets worse - apparently the label competition is free too!

Labels
The free label competion for both wine and beer labels will continue this year with trophies and certificates for First, Second and Third.

Back