The Greatest Album Of 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Ok I'am sure a few brewers will read this thread title and say this must be another drunken jayse music thread....anyway the title says its all. We did this last year so I thought WTF lets go again.

I can see some brewers are gunna name drop ten or so albums but be aware no one gives a shit so.......... <_<

For me without a shadow of a doubt album of the year was Mastodon Blood Mountain, not only album of the year but close to album of the decade. :super: :super: :super:

The wolf is loose.
Jayse

cover.mastodon_blood_mountain.jpg

My best album of the year is:

'Blind Guardian - twist in the myth'

with 'tenacious D - pick of destiny' as a close second

-Phill

Eagles of Death Metal - Death by Sexy

Not a highly eventful year for new music for me. Favourite would probably be Edguy - Rocket Ride. Good old light-hearted Euro power metal/hard rock.

440.jpg

I think Mr Billy Birmingham should be mentioned too, another quality 12th Man release :)

Too many young blokes on this forum :D

Vote 1 for the dinosaurs! :beerbang:

A_Bigger_Bang.jpg

hmmm, clear winner so far!
rob, is that the wiggles in their heyday..?

I suspect Mick was wiggling before the Wiggles were even a glimmer in their daddys' eyes :lol:

(Hands up who got the glimmer ref)

Ali Farka Toure (who?). A dead african blues musician. He died before his last album was released. Only for blues-heads. Great brewing music. B)

Trivium the crusade is a great album

Black Label soicety Shot to hell

havent heard the new blind guardian yet but love there old stuff

of disturbed .....10 thousand fists

Ten Thousand Fists was one of the first albums that came to mind... pity it was released September, 2005 <_<

Awesome album.

I suspect Mick was wiggling before the Wiggles were even a glimmer in their daddys' eyes :lol:
(Hands up who got the glimmer ref)

Just to be pedantic

Sir Michael Philip "Mick" Jagger (born 26 July 1943)

Jeff Fatt (born July 21, 1953) Eldest Wiggle
Gregory John Page (born January 16, 1972) Youngest Wiggle
The other two were born in the early sixties

As for 2006's best album - I'll get back to you. Haven't heard the Stone's one but 10,000 days would have to be fairly high on the list.

Black by Bertie Blackman

920465.jpg

If you like chick rockers like PJ Harvey or Adalita from Magic Dirt, then Bertie Blackman is worth a listen.

Cheers
MAH

Ali Farka Toure (who?). A dead african blues musician. He died before his last album was released. Only for blues-heads. Great brewing music. B)

Another fan of his here - you're not alone. :lol:

I have to admit not buying any music from 2006. I did get Jose Gonzalez's Veneer but it's really from the end of 2005. :( Great stuff though. :super:

Alexi Murdoch - Time Without Consequence

B000F8OIHI.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54225919_.jpg

Edit: Changed my mind

At War With The Mystics - The Flaming Lips.

There's a good list of the top 100 tracks of 2006 on Pitchfork media. It's great that you don't just see some stupid list, but you can actually listen to the tracks once. ;)

Latest posts

Back