The Grainfather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whereabouts are the trade fairs in China you're going to WE&L? Contemplating an Asian holiday (finances permitting), and if they're somewhere near enough to where I want to go, I'd have a crack.

got a reply from NZ there $1000 (NZ)$931 AUS then the tax/duty.. and they run on a normal power point..
PS..comes with counterflow chiller

Best place for a holiday is China, there are sites which advertise the trade fairs in China usually put up by the sponsors look under beverage manufacturers trade fair.

DU99 said:
got a reply from NZ there $1000 (NZ)$931 AUS then the tax/duty.. and they run on a normal power point..
That price is favourable but I would imagine that there would be a freight component to Aus and then delivery to the customer.

It appears from the vid that the wort is circulated from the top of the grain bed to the bottom not from bottom to top as with BM and the mash appears to be a single step or multi steps may be able to be set manually. Cleaning looks to be a lot more work as well.
Provided that there is no inherent problems, I am sure that the machine will suit a variety of brewers.

dicko said:
That price is favourable but I would imagine that there would be a freight component to Aus and then delivery to the customer.
I am under the impression that these are bought out by Imake so every brew shop in Australia will have access to them so freight will be minimal to none.

Looking forward to this unit coming out on the market. Only been in the home brew scene about 6 months, probably looking at going all grain next year so this might be the way to go for me!
Darren.

Darrens said:
Looking forward to this unit coming out on the market. Only been in the home brew scene about 6 months, probably looking at going all grain next year so this might be the way to go for me!
Darren.
Ditto.
Be interesting to see what the, 'test', Kiwi market think of the unit. Possible down sides include not having a tap and is not programable. On the positive side it will cost 1.5K less than the BM. Here's hoping it meets the expectations of the home brewing market.
Elz

Elz said:
I kinda get that companies wanna selectively release new products into the market, but for f..cks sake just get it right and sell it to public, or not. This limited release to a limited market is iphonesk which does not really gel with the home brew market (in my opinion) 'Selling' a 100 units to a select few NZ brewers has got me wondering what the initial purchasers are getting them self in for? $100 x $1000 obviously equals $100 a lot of money, but are they Guinea pigs? Am i wrong in thinking this way?

Overall i am kinda sick of companies thinking that consumers should be thankful that they are willing to sell to us.
I kinda get that companies wanna selectively release new products into the market, but for f..cks sake just get it right get and sell it to public, or not. This limited release to a limited market is iphonesk which does not really gel with the home brew market (in my opinion) Why only 'sell' 100 units to a select few has got me wondering what the initial purchasers are getting them self in for? $100 x $1000 obviously equals $100 k alot of doss, but are they Guinea pigs? Am i wrong in thinking this way?

Overall i am kinda sick of companies thinking that consumers should be thankful that they are willing to sell to us.

wide eyed and legless said:
Was it the one pictured?
2014-04-06 15.42.29.jpg

Sorry it took so long. Hectic week at work.

I'm pretty ignorant concerning all-grain brewing but this looks a little to me like an urn pimped out with extras like the removable basket, temp control, pump and chiller. Am I off base with this presumption?

These are not a new idea, here's one that was for sale back in the 1920's

Screen shot 2014-03-17 at 10.57.53 AM.jpg

Another shiny whizz bang gadget I don't need that costs a shit load. I've gotta have one!!

:)

Will be seeing this on a info commercial showing how easy to make beer with easy payments .

I'm not sure if the CFC comes with these, or it's an optional extra (I've heard there may be a few accessories, and may not be limited to the still attachment). In any case, it's a very tidy looking unit, and the price is about right. Having said that, I wonder how hard it would be to hack the control panel/electronics and install your own system. Thinking about making up a PIC/Arduino/RPi control board to do step mashing, timers and alarms, connect it up to a computer to download a beerxml file with mash instructions... Pretty much something I want to do in the future anyway, but without having to design and build any of the hardware.

Batz said:
These are not a new idea, here's one that was for sale back in the 1920's
That's brilliant! Great find.

Latest posts

Back