The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a touch confused. Is there an option in the kit for the threaded temp probe for inline installation? Or is it simply what Lael has already advertised to us?

The Judge said:
I'm a touch confused. Is there an option in the kit for the threaded temp probe for inline installation? Or is it simply what Lael has already advertised to us?
Not that im aware of

really like the blue ip65 power connectors that your using. could you please tell me what they are called? Thanks

The Judge said:
there is not an option for it at the moment. If enough people are interested I can make a 1/2" bsp happen. It would be an additional cost and pricing would largely depend on how many people want one.

vooharmy said:
really like the blue ip65 power connectors that your using. could you please tell me what they are called? Thanks
They are a powercon style connector.

Maybe those interested just need to get in on a bulk buy of these: https://store.brewpi...erature-sensors And save you (Lael) the hassle and everyone else a delay in shipping.
I'm still happy to get the probe coming in the Brauduino kit, as it gives the option to have one bulkheaded into a vessel and another in line.

The Judge said:
Maybe those interested just need to get in on a bulk buy of these: https://store.brewpi...erature-sensors And save you (Lael) the hassle and everyone else a delay in shipping.
I'm still happy to get the probe coming in the Brauduino kit, as it gives the option to have one bulkheaded into a vessel and another in line.
For anyone keen to try and follow through on this, looks like about ~$25AUD landed in Australia if someone orders 10 and gets basic shipping without tracking (about 160 Euro for 10 probes + basic shipping), then whatever it costs to post individually to people.

Or just buy one directly for about ~$33AUD for a single order shipped directly to you.

The Judge said:
This looks perfect for my needs (the 1/2"BSP threaded temperature sensor to fit straight into a t-piece). I wish I had seen this before I ordered a spare temp probe.

Any chance the probes coming with the kid could be modified to work in this same way?

That's what I'm doing. I'm planning on using one of these drilled out and threaded to the thread specs Lael gave:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440034693.683774.jpg

If I hadn't already ordered two spare probes...

I may be interested in a bulk buy of the 1/2" though.

I have about 15 temp probes with different threads and sizes. They are cheap if ordered on ebay / ali express.

I hve some mounted into thermowells with heatsink compound and silicone sealing it together.

I also have a handful I have blown up. Connecting them backwards kills them quickly.

I think the ones Lael has sought to include require no soldering, they are sealed and have connector on the end that fits through the whole in your pot. A great idea and will work well in the system as planned.

I also have a brewpi that uses 3 identical probes but the way you actually place them will require different threads and attaching in various ways. Some probes stay attached to the pot so if I have different pots they each end up with their own probes. Also having a spare is a definite requirement.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SBOB said:
For anyone keen to try and follow through on this, looks like about ~$25AUD landed in Australia if someone orders 10 and gets basic shipping without tracking (about 160 Euro for 10 probes + basic shipping), then whatever it costs to post individually to people.

Or just buy one directly for about ~$33AUD for a single order shipped directly to you.
Direct is probably the best for me, seeing as I'd need domestic postage on top anyway once they arrived in Australia.

Also agree with anyone who has said having a spare (or a few) is a good idea.

Hi Lael,

The Fast Ferments are great. Some quirks with them due to their being plastic, but overall a great system if treated with care. They are great for racking from primary to secondary fermentation. The primary fermentation yeast can then be very easily pitched into your next ready to go wort; that is why I have two of the Fast Ferments. I can give a few pro-tips about them if you would like and / or need to know. Until I can get a chest freezer, I am doing only ale fermentations.

About my controller. I have been in contact with Speidel for nearly the past five months. They have sent me parts that they said would not require soildering but one at least had to be. It started has a lack of voltage going to the pump... it is fixed. Now there is a lack of voltage going to the heating element. Lots of back and forth and lllloooonnnngggg lead times of the mail system (not their fault) I have offered to buy a full board and / or a new control box, but for not. I still do not have a working Braumeister.

O' my rig is a twenty liter system and I will have to look at the pump next I get home. The pump is great though.

Cheers,

Harold

I just got an email - the boxes are finished production! :)

Sorting out shipping to them to Aus.

lael said:
Glad everyone is excited! :) End of the month is the plan. Just finalising shipment of the boxes and the heatsinks this week. Because of weight and size it looks like courier is not going to be possible, so partially depends on shipping time.

AS for help - that would be awesome! Let me get shipping of the last parts underway, and then I'll organise something! :)
Dare I hope to have it by Fathers Day??? :)

haha - when is that? Heads up - the weight of the heatsinks mean I need to ship them by sea to keep costs sane... so I'm guessing not

:( Sorry!

Latest posts

Back