The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Baarney,
Ardbir has a pwm setting for power. So yes, it should be possible. Remember it runs pid so it won't overheat and is unlikely to boil over once you have your settings right.

BobCharlie said:
A question to the electronics gurus out there!

I have a couple of these RTD temp sensors from Auber Instruments used in my existing HERMS system:

In my existing setup, the sensor is threaded into a stainless T-piece connected to the HEX output. My question is, will the Brauduino read/accept this type of temp sensor? From the photo posted by Lael (pasted below), the connector on the end of the temp probe looks like a stereo TRS type connector?? Could I get a TRS connector from Jaycar or somewhere, and solder it to the Auber Instruments RTD temp sensor and plug it in to the Brauduino? Or would there be changes required to code or other complications.....??

Cheers!
My previous reply got stuffed up trying to quote your question. If you click on the link below it will take you to an answer matho gave on the topic in 2012. In his answer the blue coloured link 'THIS" will bring up a PDF about 'Microchip AN687 Precision Temperature-Sensing With RTD Circuits'.

LINK: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/59563-mathos-controller/page-33#entry976844

I recommend anyone looking at building a system using 'Matho's Controller' read the whole 81 pages of questions and answers from start to finish as it covers nearly every question you'll need to know. It really is an exciting and fun thread to plough through and well worth the effort. :beer:

Link to 'Matho's Controller: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/59563-mathos-controller/

Cheers

1/2" would be better for me too. I'm just thinking if it's 1/2" then it could be installed inline on the HEX outlet using a 1/2" BSP tee. (I'm a 3V brewer).

lael said:
Temp Probe Pics:
attachicon.gif
TempProbe01.jpg
attachicon.gif
TempProbe03.jpg
Ahh I just recalled this post from Lael. In which case it wouldn't matter what diameter the thread was. The smaller the better.

marksy said:
Is this the temp thermowell we are talking about?
Yep - if enough people want a 1/2" bsp, I can get one made, but it would be additional to the kit price. It would be better people that want to put it inline in a T join.

I thought it was 1/2 cause we are Aussie. But I never checked. Haha. What ever comes. I'll just get a 1/2 if it don't come with one.

lael said:
Yep - if enough people want a 1/2" bsp, I can get one made, but it would be additional to the kit price. It would be better people that want to put it inline in a T join.
What is the price difference? I will take a 1/2 BSP probe. Also how long is the probe? I just want to know so I can buy the correct length thermo-well.

Cheers

Hey ken - take a look back at the post to see the temp probe. It comes in a thermowell already. The thread diameter is 10mm.

lael said:
Hi Dean,
No problem. There is a relay on board for the pump. The two SSRs are for two heating circuits. Each should be able to hankde up to 20A @ 240v if wired correctly.
Thanks Lael - that is just what I wanted to hear.

What are the limits of the pump relay in terms of amps?

Dean.

The pump relay is up to 5A@240.
March 809 is .7 at 230 and 1.4@110v. The biggest draw I found were the bug Little Giant pumps @1.2 on 240 and 2.4on 110.

dean_wales said:
Thanks Lael - that is just what I wanted to hear.

What are the limits of the pump relay in terms of amps?

Dean.

where in this thread can we order one of the complete kits? how much are they? I'm in Canada.

Regards
Tim

lael said:
How many people are interested in a 1/2" bsp temp probe?
Would this option be if you wanted to do something like this:
IMG_6424.jpg

OR would this already be possible with the current temp probe some how?

Back