The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all

Has anyone purchased for the USA? Would like to know how to wire it for here before I try and purchase. Thanks a bunch in advance.

9finger

9finger said:
Hello all

Has anyone purchased for the USA? Would like to know how to wire it for here before I try and purchase. Thanks a bunch in advance.

9finger
Hi 9finger,

Ive had a few people buy from USA. No names are springing to mind at the moment. Lluidomene is from USA though.

My understanding is that it will be identical to Aus. Are you phanning on using a 110v or 240v circuit?

Lael

I would run 240. Have you posted your wiring diagram that you refer to in your video. I want to show it to an electrician.

Than you,

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has paid so far! Almost there!

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me - I have four spaces available. First to PM me, get a go ahead and pay - gets the spots.

If you are on the list - please pay as soon as you can so we can get this order under way.
If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me know so I can open up the spot for others.

I've run the test controller with parts through a test run - it is beautiful to use! So nice to have two elements controlled by the one control box so easily!

I received the SSRs, Arduino Megas, Custom cables, Custom LEDs today! Getting crowded! lol.

Parts Received so far: buttons, stainless screws, nuts, nylon standoffs, buzzers, thermal paste,

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. Thanks Everyone!

1. Lael (x2) - paid

2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. kingy - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg - paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
17. Masters Brewery - paid
18. Cervantes -paid
19. Rogermellie
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. pats
31. claypot - paid
32. redlegger
33. slyt - communicated
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. real_beer
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. havebeer
41. Tassiehopper - paid
42. GrumpyPaul - communicated
43. Misterwilson - paid
44. jonnir
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave
47. Brutusb - paid
48. Luisdepaula2001
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. rhart00
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63. MitchD
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
67. Cavemanbrew - communicated
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid
71. Lluisdomene
72. Rambo - paid
74. LarsjohanS - communicated
75. fortmonty
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. Catcher - communicated
79. Dean1639
80. Mardoo - paid - (clear unknown price unpaid)
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. poggor
83. AndrewF - paid
84. BigwillyAus
85. dropbear85 - paid
87. Silverbrew
88. Drunk Az - paid
89. freelander2002 (x2) - communicated
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - paid

Details about this kit if you want to know more:
Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.
If you haven't seen this post: http://aussiehomebre...46#entry1251289 It has more details on pricing etc.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is almost exactly 1.5kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $245+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials. Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together.
Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

lael said:
Hi madhomebrewer,

Welcome to the club! I've got one more spot free from people that have dropped out. Go ahead and pay to lock it in. The link to the survey and payment details is a few pages back (on mobile).

Cheers!
Hi Lael,

I definitely want to get one, but wasn't expecting to get on the list and have to pay so quickly.

This is very much appreciated.

However, i won't be able to make the payment until 4th Feb (fortnightly pay and low funds after a big Xmas).

Didn't want to miss out because I was financially challenged at the wrong time.

I would love to see my name on that list.

And my offer to help with the packing is still there.

Hope this is not too OTT.

King regards

madhomebrewer

madhomebrewer said:
Hi Lael,

I definitely want to get one, but wasn't expecting to get on the list and have to pay so quickly.

This is very much appreciated.

However, i won't be able to make the payment until 4th Feb (fortnightly pay and low funds after a big Xmas).

Didn't want to miss out because I was financially challenged at the wrong time.

I would love to see my name on that list.

And my offer to help with the packing is still there.

Hope this is not too OTT.

King regards

madhomebrewer
Hey madhomebrewer,

No problems at all, I'll add you to the list.

One open spot left everyone. Three have been spoken for since I last posted. First PM taken first as per AHB standard operating procedure.

Lael,

Just watched the latest video on you tube.

Shield-Shield, Spark Core & Mega?

• What are they?
  • Do I need one?
  • What do they do?
  • And does it come with the kit?

Sorry for the questions but more of plumbing guy than control systems.

Hey Cervantes,

The kit comes with an arduino mega. You need one - it is like the brain that controls the software - called a microcontroller.

The spark core and shield shield go together if you want to develop software to take it all wireless. If you don't want to write code, there isn't any at the moment, so getting a spark core and shield shield wouldnt make sense yet. But the kit is designed to allow their use in the future.

Let me know if you need to know anything more.

lael said:
Hey Cervantes,

The kit comes with an arduino mega. You need one - it is like the brain that controls the software - called a microcontroller.

The spark core and shield shield go together if you want to develop software to take it all wireless. If you don't want to write code, there isn't any at the moment, so getting a spark core and shield shield wouldnt make sense yet. But the kit is designed to allow their use in the future.

Let me know if you need to know anything more.
Lael,

Thanks for that.

I thought that I had my head around the assembly after watching the first video and then saw the second one and got totally confused.

If the kit comes with an arduino mega that's good enough for me. Will it come pre-programmed?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You're welcome!

The mega is preprogrammed, though it isn't difficult to 'flash' (load code) them.

any updates?
Noticed you posted a new vid on youtube..
are you doing one re the 240v side wiring as I've noticed you didnt cover that in either of the other 2

Hi Everyone,
A quick update: I had to sort out some issues with the PCB supplier and the heatsinks and boxes. Unfortunately this has pushed the production date back, which has hit Chinese New Year.
This is the equivalent of Christmas and New Year in Aus, and China shuts down for pretty much all of Feb. Which means that the goods are not going to start production until the start of March and be shipped to me until the end of March. I'm very sorry as I was hoping to have this all sorted and shipped out to you all already. It has taken time to iron out some final details.

I've received all the arduinos, power sockets, cables, LEDs, buttons, etc and will start flashing the arduinos this weekend.

I've been quite busy this week and last week trying to get this all sorted to get production before we got stuck, to no avail. Apologies. I will have time this weekend to post a wiring diagram for the box.

Cheers,
Lael

All good Lael. In production you can only pedal so fast trying to beat another country's holidays. Once that big Christmas/New Year/Ramadan/Hajj truck bears down on you, you just gotta pull over and let it pass.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has paid so far! Almost there!

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me - I have four spaces available. First to PM me, get a go ahead and pay - gets the spots.
If you are on the list - please pay as soon as you can so we can get this order under way.
If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me know so I can open up the spot for others. (there is currently one spot open)

I've run the test controller with parts through a test run - it is beautiful to use! So nice to have two elements controlled by the one control box so easily!

AS per the above post - the PCBS, boxes and heatsinks have been delayed through Chinese New Year. I understand from the suppliers these will ship in late March.

Parts Received so far: buttons, stainless screws, nuts, nylon standoffs, buzzers, thermal paste, SSRs, Arduino Megas, Custom cables, Custom LEDs, received most of the power sockets also.

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. Thanks Everyone!

1. Lael (x2) - paid
2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. kingy - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg - paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
16. husky - comm
17. Masters Brewery - paid
18. Cervantes -paid
19. Rogermellie
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. pats
31. claypot - paid
32. Jase - paid
33. slyt - communicated
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. real_beer
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. havebeer
41. Tassiehopper - paid
43. Misterwilson - paid
44. jonnir
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave
47. Brutusb - paid
48. 9finger - paid
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. rhart00
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63. MitchD
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
67. Cavemanbrew - communicated
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid
71. Lluisdomene
72. Rambo - paid
73. lynchman x3 - paid
74. LarsjohanS - paid
75. fortmonty
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. Catcher - communicated
79. Syd - communicated
80. Mardoo - paid - (clear unknown price unpaid)
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. poggor
83. AndrewF - paid
84. BigwillyAus
85. dropbear85 - paid
86.niftinev - paid
87. Silverbrew
88. Drunk Az - paid
89. freelander2002 (x2) - paid
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97.madhomebrewer - communicated
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - paid

Details about this kit if you want to know more:
Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.
If you haven't seen this post: http://aussiehomebre...46#entry1251289 It has more details on pricing etc.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is almost exactly 1.5kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $245+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials. Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together.
Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

Ok, here is the wiring diagram for running 240v elements and pump.

Normal caveats apply - I am not an electrician, and this diagram represents how I might wire my controller. It is your responsibility to confirm with your electrician that this is in fact a safe way to wire the controller and to certify the wiring job that is done on the controller. 240v can kill. Don't risk it.

FYI only - I do follow my own advice and had an electrician friend check both the wiring diagram and the test controller(s) that I have made. This should in no way reduce your desire to check with your own electrician that it is indeed safe.

If you have any questions about what I have done, please ask. If you have any questions about what YOU should do - speak to an electrician.

BrauduinoKitWiringDiagram_getchecked.jpg

edit: clarify the diagram was checked by an electrician friend, not just a random friend.

Back