The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi James,

The wiring diagram doesn't show the wiring for the plugs, only the sockets. The connectors provided with the kit are power sockets rated to 20A @240v by the manufacturer, although there are similar styles of connectors that are 2 pole or 4 pole audio connectors (and not for use as electrical connectors). As per the IEC style plugs, the kit power sockets and plugs have the correct wiring for Live, Neutral and Earth marked on each terminal point, and these should be noted and followed. The wiring diagram of course intends these markings to be followed. The rotation of the plugs would otherwise change the wiring diagram.

As James has emphasised, if you wire it, get it checked by an electrician. Otherwise get an electrician to wire it. Stay safe. Happy to answer any questions.

Hi everyone,

I'm Fab from Italy. I've read some previous posts but I'm not been able to find quickly answers at my questions.

I'm sorry if these questions are been done hundred times.

How does it works the purchase of the brauduino kit?

Is it possible shipment to Italy?

Cost of the kit and payment method?

Electronics is an unknown world for me: ss brauduino compatible with the italian electric standard (230 V)?

Thank you

jabbos, send a PM to lael and he can tell you whether or not he still has controllers available. At last count there were four still available, IIRC.

Stumbled across this today, stunning work! I am super keen to grab one of those four spots! Please let me know if there is a spot open.

vooharmy said:
Stumbled across this today, stunning work! I am super keen to grab one of those four spots! Please let me know if there is a spot open.
You can have my spot if you want.

Let me know and we'll organise it with Lael.

Just wondering if there were any free spots? If not, is it likely that these kits will become available again in the near future? Looks like some amazing work you guys have put in.

Hi Ferg,

I've got a few spots left. I'll PM you.

Can anyone tell me if this element would be suitable for a double batch pot and a 15 amp circuit for use with the new controller?

Camco 02962/02963 5500W 240V Screw-In Lime Life Ripple Water Heater Element - Ultra Low Watt Density

Brendandrage said:
Can anyone tell me if this element would be suitable for a double batch pot and a 15 amp circuit for use with the new controller?

Camco 02962/02963 5500W 240V Screw-In Lime Life Ripple Water Heater Element - Ultra Low Watt Density

240v x 15amp = 3600w,
so no a 5500w element will draw too much for a 15amp

Guess it depends how big a "double batch" is... and how long you're prepared to wait for your temps to get up.

The Judge said:
Guess it depends how big a "double batch" is... and how long you're prepared to wait for your temps to get up.
Well I'm generally using about 65 litres for mash in and i don't want to wait for ever for temps to ramp up and get to boil, I'm trying to work out if i need 2 elements or just the one.

Braumiester 50L is on a 15a circuit so 3600w should be fine. Braumeister ramp times around 1 degree a minute@ 3200W. You would have to confirm this with someone who owns one.

a 5500w element draws 23 amps so you would need a 25A circuit for that.

I do double batched in my 100L brau clone, 3600w element, slower to ramp up, still boils fine. Im doing other things while its ramping up so no worries for me.

Works fine

Neo__04 said:
I do double batched in my 100L brau clone, 3600w element, slower to ramp up, still boils fine. Im doing other things while its ramping up so no worries for me.

Works fine
Thank you so much that was the answer I was looking for

Cheers to all that answered

Brendan

Are we there yet?

How's it all going Lael?

So exciting... any news on the pots/malt pipe?

Neo__04 said:

Works fine
Are you getting finished volumes of 100L or this the capacity of your pot? I am trying to get finished volume of 100L of wort and would love to hear from anyone who is doing this now. One of the biggest issues I am finding is that in the larger sizes the pots seem to be 1:1 WxD.

or like Lael and I have done use two 2400 watt on separate circuits

Back