The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going to be the heart of my 100l beau clone -) I'm happy to wait whilst you iron out bugs. Its great to see that you are nailing things down.

lael said:
Hey guys!

I think I've got suppliers for perf plates and pots. Elements are a little trickier. I'm still working on them.

I'll post pics when I get something I like.
I'm not sure how the process works with your sourcing however something Id like to suggest with the elements if its a possibility it would be great if we could get something that the cord is removable while to help with cleaning. At the moment I brew with a crown urn and the cord just gets in the way. Something along the lines of the way boilcoil works with the removal cord.

dug said:
Lael, don't worry about the time. I would prefer to wait and get a good quality product than have instant gratification with low grade gear.
I agree with the above as well, as much as I am chomping at the bit to get this up and running with a new pot and elements for double batching I'd prefer to wait for the quality.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

I'm trying to contact Lael for a Brauduino kit purchase with no luck. I don't understand if his inbox is overcharged because of the tons of mails about the group purchase or what. I try to contact him here.

I'm interested in the Brauduino kit with shipment to Italy, is it still available or in some way I can insert my nominative in the group purchase?

Could you contact me? I have also two questions about heating element and pump configuration.

Thank you

Hi Jabbos
Do not panic, Lael reads this board often. The kits have not been shipped yet. Chinese new Year and some greedy suppliers have held the process up. I saw Lael last week and I know he is spending a lot of time chasing up suppliers and freight.

He will reply. I think he still has a few spaces on the list and the extra will be the postage.

Have you looked at the Ard Bir team in Italy? They write the code and also have a board there. Although I do not know if it can be purchased as yet.

James
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So keen to get my hands on this beast of a controller, just bought 2 new elements from 5 Star so will need to get some cables made up with the new style connectors

Quick question: has the code been modified at all regarding the boil temp? I have the first version of this controller but it's set at 98d

freelander2002 said:
I belive that Lael should get a 24 pack of Westvletern 12 for his work sorting these kits out. :D
That would be incredible... :D hehe.

breakbeer said:
So keen to get my hands on this beast of a controller, just bought 2 new elements from 5 Star so will need to get some cables made up with the new style connectors

Quick question: has the code been modified at all regarding the boil temp? I have the first version of this controller but it's set at 98d
The code will be ArdBir - I honestly don't remember what the default temp is set to. I don't remember changing it each time I brew though..

A quick update:

- The PCB supplier decided to increase their price substantially - I've ordered a batch of prototypes from another supplier. ETA - 3 weeks. I'll test and order the full run as immediately I can make a decision on it.
- The new temp probes prototypes are in sample production. Waiting on samples to make a final decision on manufacturer.
- I've ordered heatsinks from a new supplier - you may remember my commenting that the accuracy of the previous supplier was not good enough. If the new supplier is also unable to meet tolerances (+-0.5mm is required for the heatsink and the box to match) then I will ship out self-drilling screws with the kit in case the tolerances are too large - I just got some self drilling screws yesterday to test this. Using self-drlling screws is not my ideal choice, but given that or further delaying getting these kits out to you... it's an easy decision.

Things are on the move!

Have a great Easter!

Lael

djar007 said:
You can set the boil temp in the ardbir code during initial setup.
I know that with the Braumeister you need to set the boil temp to the max (102 C) to get a decent boil happening.

Would this work with the Grainfather, by-passing the Grainfather's basic controller(i.e. no steps or timing etc.). Is the program customisable so the pump can be off while it is boiling?
And more importantly is it too late to order one. Cheers...Oggie

djar007 said:
You can set the boil temp in the ardbir code during initial setup.
Initial setup, do you mean when the code is flashed to the arduino?

Oggie said:
Would this work with the Grainfather, by-passing the Grainfather's basic controller(i.e. no steps or timing etc.). Is the program customisable so the pump can be off while it is boiling?
And more importantly is it too late to order one. Cheers...Oggie
This type of controller has already been used to replace(completely) the grainfather's original, the pump is normally off during the boil( though I believe this can be changed in initial setup).
as for your final question it's probably getting close but Lael would be the only one who would know

Breakbeer
After the code is flashed into the controller you must run setup and choose various options. One of those is boil temp. You can run setup at any time. I was testing my system an just paused, ran setup and then ran system again.
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MastersBrewery said:
This type of controller has already been used to replace(completely) the grainfather's original, the pump is normally off during the boil( though I believe this can be changed in initial setup).
as for your final question it's probably getting close but Lael would be the only one who would know
I haven't done it, but someone has and it works great!

lael said:
I haven't done it, but someone has and it works great!
the final question was is there a spot still avaliable only you know that :)

Back