The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brendandrage said:
They look alright breakbeer, but will they be suitable for the controller?
Can't think of a reason why not? They're what I'll be using, so I sure hope so

Lael, :icon_offtopic: That deck is still looking awesmate, top place to be brewing.

MB

Thanks Masters.
Brendan, the pot should work fine if it currently does. The new controller doesn't change fluid volumes.

Brendandrage said:
Ok I'm a dumbass when it comes to electrics, and while I will build a new brau clone to suit the new controller in the mean time I want to add 2 elements to my existing 80 litre pot. My question is what size elements should I use so I can use them with the controller and where can I get them?

Cheers
I can highly recommend Punkin's element guard kits & elements - you'll find both on this page http://www.stilldragon.com.au/elements-guards-and-controller-kits/ his elements are 2400 (ULD), 3600 (LD & ULD) & 4800 (ULD) W, depending on what you want

Punkin gives great service….no affiliation yada yada yada

I wouldn't recommend punkins elements for a 1v recirc as they will take up the center of the pot. People have gotten diy bendables from Tobins, custom elements from Romar, and I think there was another group mentioned as well. I'm working on something custom to suit if you are willing to wait a bit.

Edit: if you are doing a 1v style ala QldKev's rig, this or 5 stars distilling elements which are also spoken of highly might be suitable.

Thanks lael, it's pretty much the same as qld kevs set up but I'm in no hurry so I'll wait to see what you can dig up as well.

Cheers

If I would go on and get a custom made kettle and mash pipe for this controller. What would be the optimal sizes? With only 1 heating element running on 10A.

[SIZE=10pt]Hey Guys,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Just a heads up for people who are looking for 2000w elements to stay under 10A. I ordered a couple of these on ebay [/SIZE]http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251336523089

1” BSP fitting so they should screw straight into my 5star element guards which got delivered last week (damn they are a good quality guard!!), or you could rig up your own guard pretty cheap like a few other guys have done.

I can’t vouch for the quality of the elements yet because I haven’t received them but at $20 each with free post they’re cheap enough to give a go.

dropbear85 said:
[SIZE=10pt]Hey Guys,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Just a heads up for people who are looking for 2000w elements to stay under 10A. I ordered a couple of these on ebay [/SIZE]http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251336523089

1” BSP fitting so they should screw straight into my 5star element guards which got delivered last week (damn they are a good quality guard!!), or you could rig up your own guard pretty cheap like a few other guys have done.

I can’t vouch for the quality of the elements yet because I haven’t received them but at $20 each with free post they’re cheap enough to give a go.
So Mr Bear, where in the rig would these go? If they go horizontally, low in the pot, they'd mess with the malt pipe sitting against the base of the pot. You could go the cam lock option, I guess. Or were you planning on having the elements go vertically up in the space between pot & malt pipe?

- Unless you're not going for the 1v brau clone - in which case, just disregard my query! :)

dropbear85 said:
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up for people who are looking for 2000w elements to stay under 10A. I ordered a couple of these on ebay http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251336523089

Hope you dont mind, I posted these over here

JB said:
So Mr Bear, where in the rig would these go? If they go horizontally, low in the pot, they'd mess with the malt pipe sitting against the base of the pot. You could go the cam lock option, I guess. Or were you planning on having the elements go vertically up in the space between pot & malt pipe?

- Unless you're not going for the 1v brau clone - in which case, just disregard my query! :)
I'm building something like qldkev has so I have an inner pot which is elevated above the elements with bolts. Not a malt pipe that sits on the base of the pot

dropbear85 said:
I'm building something like qldkev has so I have an inner pot which is elevated above the elements with bolts. Not a malt pipe that sits on the base of the pot
yep gotcha, I have amate who's built something similar. I haven't seen kev's setup, does wort get into the malt pipe via a cam lock attachment?

nah over the top of the pot.
if you search qldkev on YouTube he's got a couple of videos up. he's also got a thread on here somewhere but I can't find it atm. he will probably link it in for you

Qldkevs setup is gravity fed. Inner pot standing on legs. Holes in the bottom. Filter plate or something on top, wort pumped through top and filters through to the bottom and out the bottom of the pot. QldKev also put a return around the bottom of the pot so that wort would move around and not caramelise on the elements. I'm unsure this would be necessary if using a true ulwd - ultra low watt density - element

lael said:
I wouldn't recommend punkins elements for a 1v recirc as they will take up the center of the pot. People have gotten diy bendables from Tobins, custom elements from Romar, and I think there was another group mentioned as well. I'm working on something custom to suit if you are willing to wait a bit.

Edit: if you are doing a 1v style ala QldKev's rig, this or 5 stars distilling elements which are also spoken of highly might be suitable.
Your working on something? Lael your a busy guy :) Thanks! Hehe. Sign me up for your next project!

Hello to everyone,
I'm a brewer from way back (15 yrs) and have recently got back into it (3 months ago).
Back then I had a go at everything ales lagers lambics and I got positive feedback on them all.
Having now done a few extracts I know from experience my all grains produced the best results.
Having gorged myself on the info available on this and other sites, I am going to build a 3v Rims system.
I have a stand, 2 50lt kegs and a 20lt urn,
So i need a to build/ buy a RIMS housing and element and a controller for it.
So here are my questions.
Can I be put on the reserve list I have seen mentioned for one of these great controllers that Lael is building and any advice on the Rims Build would be greatly appreciated.
The Home Made Rims Build thread is great. and was going to go that way.
But would be interested in buying one that is ready to rock.
Looking forward to your responses.
Mad Home Brewer.

Forgot to mention,
I am not far from Lael, so would be happy to pay my way by helping with the pick and pack when needed.
MHB.

Hi madhomebrewer,

Welcome to the club! I've got one more spot free from people that have dropped out. Go ahead and pay to lock it in. The link to the survey and payment details is a few pages back (on mobile).

Cheers!

Back