The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lael,
How are the samples/suppliers, etc with coming along? Is there any guesstimate on time frame? I hope I'm not being rude in asking. It is just that I recently put the finishing touches on my 1 Vessel and am pretty excited...

Hi Pugwash,

Not rude at all! I think we are all keen for this to move along. The PCB had an issue with a capacitor that the supplier couldn't actually purchase. We replaced it with a physically larger one on the board. We and they are hoping for the boards to be complete on the 17th! I'm looking forward to that!

Trying to find a decent socket for the temp jack has been hard. I've found one, and am working through how best to get it to the manufacturer so that people don't have to solder them. The alternative is soldering them ourselves. I'm not sure how people feel about that. The heatsink and box are pretty much good to go. So... once I get the PCBs and test them I'll start collecting money for it all to go ahead. Almost there! :)

lael said:
Hi Pugwash,

Not rude at all! I think we are all keen for this to move along. The PCB had an issue with a capacitor that the supplier couldn't actually purchase. We replaced it with a physically larger one on the board. We and they are hoping for the boards to be complete on the 17th! I'm looking forward to that!

Trying to find a decent socket for the temp jack has been hard. I've found one, and am working through how best to get it to the manufacturer so that people don't have to solder them. The alternative is soldering them ourselves. I'm not sure how people feel about that. The heatsink and box are pretty much good to go. So... once I get the PCBs and test them I'll start collecting money for it all to go ahead. Almost there! :)
happy to bring the iron and help solder a couple dozen, as that may be easiest, bit of work but, with all you've put into this I recon a few of us could help you get at least this little bit over the line.

Hi masters,
Thankyou. That is an awesome offer that may be the best way forward. There should be at least a couple of weeks before the PCBs could be manufactured, so I'll see what I can do... I will need help sorting 1000 screws and nuts though... I tried to get them pre-packed for each kit. They weren't interested unless I was ordering 10000 units of each screw/but/standoff. Not there yet lol!

No need to vac seal them, but I will have an abundance of ziploc bags. There are a few people that have offered to help. I might see if I can do some sous vide ribs in my machines for a meal together though. Happy to have as many people as want to come.

Im Happy to lend a hand Lael, as you have put so much time and effort in. Your Sydney based ?

Yeah, out northwest. Once I get dates on parts deliveries I'll post a date.

Damn, such a great project just sorry im too far away to get in and lend a hand

Most of the way through putting together one of the previous kits, so I'd be happy to solder in the last jack.

Putting my name down in the spare slot at 72.

1. Lael (x2)
2. natdene
3. shaodw
4. gap
5. kingy
6. barneey - clear too
7. ArnieW
8. Putrino
9. Mitch_76
10. tateg
11. LiquidCurrency
12. rafinus
13. crazyhorse
14. marksy (x 2)
15. JB
16. Neo__04
17. Masters Brewery
18. Cervantes
19. Rogermellie
20. sipahono
21. BobCharlie
22. jubilakka
23. CoxR
24. Capnk
25. breakbeer
26. lael
27. marksy
28. micbrew
29. Screamadelica
30. pats
31. claypot
32. redlegger
33. slyt
34. lynchman
35. Bigbern
36. real_beer
37. gus the bus
38. Shaunous
39. jonasbegood
40. havebeer
41. Tassiehopper
42. GrumpyPaul
43. Misterwilson
44. jonnir
45. parktho
46. MrDave
47. Brutusb
48. Luisdepaula2001
49. tommy160
50. bigmacthepunker
51. nainsook
52. BazzaB
53. moffatl
54. glen
55. kiwisika
56. sluggerdog
57. smokomark
58. SBOB
59. Marc280
60. Dug
61. rhart00
62. Malty Cultural
63. MitchD
64. camelbak28
65. 620rossco
66. Nick R
67. Cavemanbrew
68. Seemore
69. Eucyblues
70. Wort
71. Lluisdomene
72. Rambo
73. Seamad
74. captinsmash
75. fortmonty
76. taztiger
77. Pugwash
78. Catcher
79. Dean1639
80. Mardoo - clear too
81. BlueMutt
82. poggor
83. AndrewF
84. BigwillyAus
85. Judanero
86. BungBrew
87. Silverbrew
88. Drunk Az
89. freelander2002 (x2)
90. freelander2002 (second one)
91. Guysmiley54
92. Crozdog
93. conjob
94. Chris_O
95. Brendrage
96. Guidos
97. TheMechWarrior

Can help with a hot stick as well.

Also note my name is on the list twice, but my first name on list has x2. This does not mean I want three.

Awesome! Thanks marksy! Yeah, mine too. Someone did it as a quick way of keeping track of the total number of kits rather than having to count the x2 posts. Has turned out to be very convenient.

Lael, I've just realised your going to need a larger than standard PM inbox when this starts getting sorted :huh:

Lol... Yeah... Think I'll do it via gmail. Will be easier

Hi Lael

I thought I was about to miss out on this when I pinched position 69 - it's like a magic beanstalk - keeps growing

Is this the time to ask how many kits you are limited to??

Cheers

If you need me to Solder up a few I can mate. Have a bit of time at the moment. I could probably do twenty or thirty if you like. I also have one of those tinyusb programmers to upload the code to the Arduino. I can send it up to you if you like. Regards dave.

A question about the temperature probe. Do I need to buy a thermo well? What size is the probe?

Hi Pugwash,

the temp probe is a cutomised sureelectronics one (comes in a thermowell).

I got an email from the circuit board people. They are expecting all the parts they need to come in on the 18th, I should get photos and they should be sent out on the 19th! Here's hoping.

Meanwhile I received a ridiculous amount of buzzers today. lol.

Latest posts

Back