The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zwitter said:
Hi SBOB

Actually I am not sure that is entirely correct. "Electricians " generally do not test extension cables or make them. You need to do a 1/2 day safety testing course and get a white ticket (is national standard but colour used to vary)
That is probably enough rant and I would say a competent person who can test their work before it is put into service is what is required even if there may be other "legal" ways there is never a valid reason to cut corners when safety is concerned.

James
Zwitter
Working in the control systems engineering field, rant away...there can never be enough ranting about the stupidness of basic test&tag requirements and the automated 'push button, light comes on, write out tag' that goes along with it ;)

Has anyone in Qld got theirs yet?
Or am I just last on the list for mr postman

I was just messing around Zwitter because that's exactly what I'd say to a work mate but half-heartedly because as you say it's not into the copper so not a huge concern. Sorry for the offense mate.

On other news mine has arived today! Sweet! I've unboxed but not double checked every thing is there yet, but it's looking like it's all there just with a quick visual. Fantastic work Lael and a big shout out to the packers cheers!

1446642520172.jpg

Got mine! Must admit, now that it's finally here I'm a touch overwhelmed. Better watch that video a few more times!

Got mine! Must admit, now that it's finally here I'm a touch overwhelmed. Better watch that video a few more times!

zwitter said:
Howdy Braduino builders

I have put together some sort of instructions.
I am sure there will be differences of opinion regarding various things I have done that you would not etc. Just like my spelling on my label. It was well after midnight and I had been at work since before 7am!

So here is the link to the file in my dropbox. I am not all that savvy with the forum and posting links or files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4a9h3tzkne7fnr/Braumiser%20build%20lael%20james.docx?dl=0

James
Zwitter
Hi gang,

Couple of issues:

1. Not getting any V output at the pump plug on the board. LED lights up but no output voltage.

2. Zwitter, where can I find the Ard Bir manual for initial setup as mentioned in your wiring guide?

3. My temp reads a celcius amount however it has the F symbol next to it. The SP seems to be in a F amount as it maxes out at 230.

Any assistance is appreciated.

LC

smokomark said:
I received my kit a few days ago, I'm north brisbane.

LiquidCurrency said:
Hi gang,

Couple of issues:

1. Not getting any V output at the pump plug on the board. LED lights up but no output voltage.

The pump plug on the PCB is the out put of the relay. It is a switch. No voltage just a switch so the idea is to put the active wire from the power in socket on the box in one side of the plug and the other side is the active to the pump socket.

2. Zwitter, where can I find the Ard Bir manual for initial setup as mentioned in your wiring guide?

Check Max68 ? Signature in any of this posts. I will post a link when on proper computer.

3. My temp reads a celcius amount however it has the F symbol next to it. The SP seems to be in a F amount as it maxes out at 230.

You need to go to setup and enter numbers and answer questions including Celsius or Fahrenheit etc. plus PID settings. Must also initialise the save settings area.

Note as per Lael's post the Arduinos were prepared for shipping some time back and there is a later version now available with some minor bugs fixed. We will post an instructional note and video in coming weeks. The version shipped does work.

Any assistance is appreciated.

LC

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey All,

Should we start a build thread? In-correcrt/missing parts thread? So much happening in this one now. Its a taking ages to read through the posts.

Wort said:
On other news mine has arived today! Sweet! I've unboxed but not double checked every thing is there yet, but it's looking like it's all there just with a quick visual. Fantastic work Lael and a big shout out to the packers cheers!
damn it... mine didnt come with a beer :)

Hi LiquidCurrency

This is MaxN68's signature and these should be the links required for instruction manuals etc
this contains several versions and languages and hardware that is not the same as what we have. The ArdBir team took over the software side some time back and it is configurable when you prepare the sketch file to compile to choose display size, board, language etc not for the beginner but not really that hard after you follow the instructions either.

The manuals can have some errors and so can the software. manual may be slightly behind the latest SW but tells you what you need to know..

Open ArdBir - Single Vessel System Control with Arduino UNO
Code (Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Norwegian) - PCB & Manual (Italian, English, Russian) on Dropbox
Repository on GitHub
Facebook Page
Latest Version : 2.8.3RC

zwitter said:
James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks Zwitter.
Thought the pump was using the 2nd relay. That explains the extra two plugs for extra heat element now.
I am a sparky myself but am fumbling my way through the wire up.
There seems to be critical information spread all over the place in old posts and new posts.
Is there another build thread or chat room with info as I don't want to fill up everyone's inbox with post notifications.
Is there a post anywhere with a wiring diagram? Or has it been left out due to legal reasons perhaps?

Would any of the folks who've updated to the newer software version on other units advise we do it on this one? Or would we noobs to the Brauduino be better off getting used to the older version first?

lael said:
Ok, here is the wiring diagram for running 240v elements and pump.

Normal caveats apply - I am not an electrician, and this diagram represents how I might wire my controller. It is your responsibility to confirm with your electrician that this is in fact a safe way to wire the controller and to certify the wiring job that is done on the controller. 240v can kill. Don't risk it.

FYI only - I do follow my own advice and had an electrician friend check both the wiring diagram and the test controller(s) that I have made. This should in no way reduce your desire to check with your own electrician that it is indeed safe.

If you have any questions about what I have done, please ask. If you have any questions about what YOU should do - speak to an electrician.

attachicon.gif
BrauduinoKitWiringDiagram_getchecked.jpg

edit: clarify the diagram was checked by an electrician friend, not just a random friend.

LiquidCurrency said:
Thanks Zwitter.
Thought the pump was using the 2nd relay. That explains the extra two plugs for extra heat element now.
I am a sparky myself but am fumbling my way through the wire up.
There seems to be critical information spread all over the place in old posts and new posts.
Is there another build thread or chat room with info as I don't want to fill up everyone's inbox with post notifications.
Is there a post anywhere with a wiring diagram? Or has it been left out due to legal reasons perhaps?
My sparky is also a little unsure of how it all goes together, I found the above wiring diagram to show him from lael earlier this year however it's missing the wiring to the DC power supply.

smokomark said:
Country Victoria here and haven't received mine either. Is there any chance that the tracking numbers were kept?

Latest posts

Back